• Welcome to the BMW R18 Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.
  • A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Recent content by Ulrich

  1. Ulrich

    Customs R18

    Wow .. that is pretty fugly ...
  2. Ulrich

    Is that space normal?

    No problem ...
  3. Ulrich

    Is that space normal?

    M20 thread with a 1.5 pitch grade-hardness 8.8 (not very hard)
  4. Ulrich

    3rd party oil filter for the R18?

    That is too bad that you seem to have a run of bad filters ... I have had only good experiences with these filters ... so I think at this time we should just ... agree to disagree ;)
  5. Ulrich

    3rd party oil filter for the R18?

    I do appreciate that you are trying to save me from myself, which is a futile attempt (trust me on that one) ;) but You seem very set against K&N and I just don't quite understand that ... now I don't have any affiliations with K&N other than the fact that I really like the convenience of...
  6. Ulrich

    3rd party oil filter for the R18?

    I am with you Mike ... The KN-164 is the one for the R18 ... everybody is welcome to use which ever one you like ... absolutely your own business ... I for one use the K&N and had no problems with it ... and I also agree with Mike that by now they would have fixed this issue.
  7. Ulrich

    Oil Leak...

    Lets hope for the best! ... there isn't much pressure there and these gaskets are pretty tough ... hope for the best that the 'ridges' stand back up and seal as intended.
  8. Ulrich

    Oil Leak...

    Damn ... If you just did a service, that would have been too easy ... maybe one of the bolts did back off a bit, that would be the easiest and I hope for you that is what it is ...
  9. Ulrich

    Oil Leak...

    Not the head gasket, that one is way further toward the engine and it wouldn't leak oil ... did you just do a valve adjustment on that bike? ... if yes, take your Black RSD cover off and make sure the 2 actual valve cover screws are tight (Large torx under these silly sheetmetal brackets) ... if...
  10. Ulrich

    What did you do to your R18 today?

    Daaaaamn .. you win the lottery? Looks good!
  11. Ulrich

    Need Help Clicking / Thunking noise when moving R18 Roctane forward/backward with engine OFF (Video attached)

    Definitely not 'Normal' !!! as somebody else posted, see if you can lift the rear wheel and then spin it by hand ... take the saddle bag off on the driveline side and see if you can located about where it comes from ... my first guess (after watching the vid) is the U-Joint of the drive line ...
  12. Ulrich

    How To Rear wheel

    Exactly ;)
  13. Ulrich

    How To Rear wheel

    It is somewhat involved ... more than any other bike I ever had ... and do watch out very much for that ABS sensor ... that arm it is mounted on bends easily ... ask me how I know :LOL:
  14. Ulrich

    Service Warning Light

    That does look really handy ... no phone and /or tablet needed ... can it do additional things like enable/disable cruising lights ... enable/disable additional driving lights ... maintenance reset ... speed limiter/rev limiter? ... just curious, I own a GS-911 and am very happy with it ... but...
  15. Ulrich

    Service Warning Light

    Hexcode GS911 will do the trick.
Back
Top