Show Us Your R18

Question, getting the ape hangers bring the bars closer or further to the ride? Dumb question I know.. I just never experienced a ride with them.

For 14 years I rode this R1200C. Notice the ape hanger bars. They came stock on this bike and for good reason. I could sit upright and not have to reach for the handles. Most comfortable riding bike ever and I've had many.

The R18 is similar to the R1200C (good reason of be happy). But the R18 is 8 feet long and at 5'8" I am reaching a bit to the handles. I've already bought the Wunderlich 11" ape hangers so I can sit upright with elbows bent.

It might be a few weeks before I get them mounted at the dealer as it requires ordering cables, wires etc.

R1200C.jpeg

Last edited:
I traded my 2020 Road Glide Special on my 2023 R18 and are very happy with this bike. Jekyll & Hyde exhaust, Wunderlich fairing &, tank rack, RSD Machined parts.
Very nice good luck with the new ride. Curious why you traded your 2020 HD for the R18 I also owned a Road Glide which I also sold???

Very nice good luck with the new ride. Curious why you traded your 2020 HD for the R18 I also owned a Road Glide which I also sold???
Hi Batt,
Thanks for the positive comments. I sold my RGS because I found it too big around town in traffic and parking etc. It’s also a difficult bike to keep clean and finally I own a 2016, R1200 GSA which doesn’t limit me to black top when touring and I’m not as protective of that bike.
The RGS however was awesome out in the country with music blaring, I didn’t want to get off it.

Curious 🧐 if you had the same thoughts as me hence selling your RGS?

Hi Batt,
Thanks for the positive comments. I sold my RGS because I found it too big around town in traffic and parking etc. It’s also a difficult bike to keep clean and finally I own a 2016, R1200 GSA which doesn’t limit me to black top when touring and I’m not as protective of that bike.
The RGS however was awesome out in the country with music blaring, I didn’t want to get off it.

Curious 🧐 if you had the same thoughts as me hence selling your RGS?
Personally I think the Roadglide is HD’s best bike they manufacture. I basically sold it for the same reasons. I never felt 100% confident on the bike always felt on the bike not in the bike

For 14 years I rode this R1200C. Notice the ape hanger bars. They came stock on this bike and for good reason. I could sit upright and not have to reach for the handles. Most comfortable riding bike ever and I've had many.

The R18 is similar to the R1200C (good reason of be happy). But the R18 is 8 feet long and at 5'8" I am reaching a bit to the handles. I've already bought the Wunderlich 11" ape hangers so I can sit upright with elbows bent.

It might be a few weeks before I get them mounted at the dealer as it requires ordering cables, wires etc.

View attachment 13693
When I was a service tech I said the “C” stood for chopper.

Back