Reverse gear recall problem

Felix

Hello, everyone,
BMW recalls the R18 with reverse gear function in China, It did not specify the reason for the recall
the current plan is to stop the function, BMW will provide improved reverse gear module in the future,
What are the solutions for other countries? Has anyone ever had a problem with reverse gear?

I have used the reverse gear only a dozen times or so in tight spaces..well worth the function! No problems and remember engine on, trans in neutral, kickstand up, clutch out.

Yes I use it daily, and it did have an issue at around 600 miles and 2 1/2 years of ownership, they replaced the control unit under warranty.

I use it all the time to back out of my wheel chock. reverse goes out every now and then but nothing a restart didn't fix.

Hello, everyone,
BMW recalls the R18 with reverse gear function in China, It did not specify the reason for the recall
the current plan is to stop the function, BMW will provide improved reverse gear module in the future,
What are the solutions for other countries? Has anyone ever had a problem with reverse gear?
I use mine without issue everytime I pull it out and back in my garage, up a slight incline

I use it every time I return from riding, without any issues; I had a little bit of a learning curve adjustment during the first week or two of ownership, everything was well documented within the owners manual.

Best tip - remove the stress weight of the bike before switching out of Reverse; rock the bike forward and grab the front brake, it should easily come out of Reverse via the lever.

Hello, everyone,

I use it every time I return from riding, without any issues; I had a little bit of a learning curve adjustment during the first week or two of ownership, everything was well documented within the owners manual.

Best tip - remove the stress weight of the bike before switching out of Reverse; rock the bike forward and grab the front brake, it should easily come out of Reverse via the lever.
Mine was replaced free of charge at 7000 miles.

Yes I use it daily, and it did have an issue at around 600 miles and 2 1/2 years of ownership, they replaced the control unit under warranty.
What kind of issue? Yesterday I found that my bike is not working in reverse mode. The "R" is flashing. Tried once, twice, turning on and off the bike, then later at home but nothing...

What kind of issue? Yesterday I found that my bike is not working in reverse mode. The "R" is flashing. Tried once, twice, turning on and off the bike, then later at home but nothing...
Needs a new control unit. If you can get your hands on ISTA you can test it yourself.

Hello, everyone,
Never had any problems with it used it at least 500 times couldn't be without it 👍

Back