Best mod so far.

R18 100

I am quite happy with the BMW floorboards I just installed. Yes they were expensive, but what an improvement! I can place my heals on the front of the boards and suddenly discover my feet are quite a bit further forward from before. Not only that, but the top of the floorboards are lower in elevation than the top of the pegs! This is because the floorboard brackets reach further down.

The package comes with two (2) floorboards, two (2) heavy gloss black brackets, and two (2) 8 mm bolts for each side. I used a hair dryer on high for 30 seconds to ease the blue locktight on the original bolts. I almost stripped one of the Torx bolts because I wasn't straight on.

I did the left side first and noticed the splined shifter axle was a bit sloppy in the new gloss black bracket. So I got creative and shimmed with a thin homemade bushing.

When you do the right side, you have to disconnect the brake cylinder from the brake lever and unbolt the brake cylinder from the bike, so I used a couple of 18" long zip ties to hold the brake cylinder in place while disconnected. Be gentle with that piece.

BMW attaches the main brake lever hinge bolt to a smaller bolt coming from the inside. Upon re-assembly I shimmed that hinge bolt with 3 or 4 washers to remove some play in there. In the end I am delighted with the result.

I was told that the boards require a new kick stand due to the lower position. Not true! The original kick stand just clears the boards with no conflict.

Nice! Fantastic job mate. 👍🏽
Tricky operation for the mechanically advantaged, but totally worth pursuing.
With your floorboards and a proper seat, I think at 68, I'm ready for another cross country trek.

Back