Wunderkind Bobber Kit

Speaking of bobbers, here's my 1970 Moto Guzzi Ambassador
4CDFAC02-8B3A-4677-9F12-701E666CAC47.jpeg

When I bought her, she looked like this:
479EA1EC-16CE-4D4D-BFB6-28A09D279BD3.jpeg

It was a fun project. It was really just an exercise in removing the superfluous. I kept the sidecar, which I refurbished, for a while, but hated riding with it. I hate that I removed the center stand. Bad decision.

74A67BC6-0AF1-466B-9A77-11BD212F0EA9.jpeg

I love the farmer saddle with springs.
May be it could fit on the R18
There was a photo...

F5D0118A-8A2A-48F5-8636-3FE17B037AFC.jpeg
there it is! Looks like you make a platform to fit the configuration of attachment points on the R18 and, on the top side, you affix whatever spring saddle you want.

I prefer the Guzzi one, it is wider
That saddle (from when I originally bought the bike) was a generic "tractor" saddle. It was frankensteined onto the frame with a bent metal bracket and springs that, if you pivoted the seat upward, would fall off. It wasn't ideal. The shape, however, is classic.

"First offered in 1925..."

/if you're looking, there's lots and lots of aftermarket options for that shape.
//prepare the rabbit hole

Thanks, I know there are aftermarket options, but I'm concerned about mounting adaptation on the R18
Where there's a will...

looks comfortable

I think it is an attempt to mimic the R18 Concept, on which the seat was pretty much as low and as far back as well. One needs short legs and long arms for that; best built like an Orangutang (-: One's 4ss, knees and lower back will soon protest, even though you could theoretically rest your elbows on your knees while riding.
View attachment 1144
Even one's ankles will be in for a rough ride with this seating position, evidenced by viewing this video with the sound off; The new Concept R 18 roars into life - YouTube. Probably tolerable for the length of a photoshoot only (-: Sexy but vicious.

Back