What did you do to your R18 today?

Mods so far: 1) swapped stock bars for 6.5 inch mini apes. 2) Added a classic windshield to the R18. 3) Removed back seat and pegs (wife won't ride). 4) Ordered boards to replace pegs. 5) Of coarse had to add grip puppies.

Last edited:
Installed the 25mm riser extensions from Wunderlich with the 30mm longer lines ....

Makes a big difference to me .... one thing to note when fitting is that they only fit flush one way round - I fitted one side and it was perfect but the other had a gap to the riser ... after much head scratching I turned the extension round and it was perfect. Looking at them off the bike I thought they were the same.

IMG_6632.JPG

IMG_6630.JPG

Installed the 25mm riser extensions from Wunderlich with the 30mm longer lines ....

Makes a big difference to me .... one thing to note when fitting is that they only fit flush one way round - I fitted one side and it was perfect but the other had a gap to the riser ... after much head scratching I turned the extension round and it was perfect. Looking at them off the bike I thought they were the same.
I tried 50's and 25's for a week and settled on the 25's. The "only fit one way" was common to both sets..... took me a bit to work it out also!

Reactions: SPR

View attachment 13652

View attachment 13653
I thought the wunderlich where different… are you sure they are wunderlich? Look nice. Link please

I thought the wunderlich where different… are you sure they are wunderlich? Look nice. Link please
Dooooh .... you are right they are from Hornig

1x 29934 - Handlebar Risers chrome 25mm
1x M16373 - Stahlflex brake lines BMW R18 (like original, but 3cm longer)
1x M16374 - Stahlflex clutch lines BMW R18 (like original, but 3cm longer)

Apologies !!

Okay everyone! The pro race install vid is posted! Please make your way to the video! Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

As a bonus, I got a good look at how to remove the exhaust servo motors. Didn't know that one bolt holds both servos in place. Thought I would have to take 3 bolts out on each side. What I don't know is how to buy the exhaust servo eliminators. Are all servo motors alike in an electrical sense?

Th
As a bonus, I got a good look at how to remove the exhaust servo motors. Didn't know that one bolt holds both servos in place. Thought I would have to take 3 bolts out on each side. What I don't know is how to buy the exhaust servo eliminators. Are all servo motors alike in an electrical sense
There are some on Revzilla called servo buddy I believe. The ones in my video came with my kit.

Back