Weird electrical fault - ABS and Traction control

I have read through a few of the threads here and I am reading a lot of problems with wiring harnesses and other problems with the electronics. The problem I am experiencing isn't listed so in the hope that someone can help:

I had custom bobber kit mounted (BMW can't get their act together in Australia) which came with new Kellermann Bullet 1000 DF LED rearlight/brakelight/indicator units & extension bungs and a Kellermann iLash electronic tail light converter. Ever since the mod has happened, the ABS and Traction Control warning lights will come on after about 20km of riding and will stay on. I can't turn off the ignition at all, I have to use the kill switch to turn the engine off and I still can't turn off the power for a few minutes after stopping the engine.

Diagnostics came back with a faulty front wheel ABS sensor. It has been replaced but has the same issue.

I don't think this is related to the bobber kit but it wasn't the most successful mod soI can't completely shake it. It sounds more like software or wiring harness - warranty just expired (although fault happened first when it was just under warranty). It is the R18 First Edition, BT Moto tune (has been running for a long time now), Dr Jekill & MR Hyde exhaust and said bobber kit (fender, seat and Kellermanns).

Would be grateful for any tips and/or ideas.

Maybe try restoring each of the modification upgrades in reverse order, one at a time in order to isolate the faulty module; at each step, take it for a test ride in order see if you can recreate the problem or error codes?

Can you temporarily restore the last modification (sounds like the taillights), in order to attempt to isolate the faulty module or change?

Sounds like the following steps:
1. Keller taillights - maybe temporarily restore stock taillights.
2. J&H Exhaust - maybe just remove or bypass the control module, and restore the original wiring? (See image)
3. BrenTune

Screenshot_20231225-115749.png

Maybe try restoring each of the modification upgrades in reverse order, one at a time in order to isolate the faulty module; at each step, take it for a test ride in order see if you can recreate the problem or error codes?

Can you temporarily restore the last modification (sounds like the taillights), in order to attempt to isolate the faulty module or change?

Sounds like the following steps:
1. Keller taillights - maybe temporarily restore stock taillights.
2. J&H Exhaust - maybe just remove or bypass the control module, and restore the original wiring? (See image)
3. BrenTune

View attachment 12673
Oh wow, thanks Scott for putting all of this together! And a Happy New Year to you.

We have this as our last resort - it is a lot of work and I was just trying to see whether anyone has seen something similar. The bike has been fine up until the Bobber Kit was installed. I don't really know whether this is related at all or purely coincidence but there are reasons why I am reluctant to reverse this. I have had my fair share of struggles with this kit.

In any case, your post is super helpful and I am grateful for the detail you provided. I report back once I know a little more.

Had the same problem with my Classic , would be riding for a short time and the fault would appear , turned out to be a manufacturing fault, loose connector with the wiring harness.
Nothing major.

Back