Upper fork caps

@laennecr ... are you good now? ... sorry I didn't have a chance to run some last weekend, my cage (old Jeep Cherokee) is dying and I try to keep it alive as good as I can ....

ok, as promised. The Classic's hole is wider and is almost smooth inside, while the R18's has a small division, where the black plug rests.

Attachments

• 1878CCD0-2EAA-4B20-9C34-B0B75CAC3BA1.jpeg
    1878CCD0-2EAA-4B20-9C34-B0B75CAC3BA1.jpeg
    971.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 7D96330C-728E-4403-BAF1-E74B58BB2E0C.jpeg
    7D96330C-728E-4403-BAF1-E74B58BB2E0C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
ok, as promised. The Classic's hole is wider and is almost smooth inside, while the R18's has a small division, where the black plug rests.
Thank you very much for that pic!! .. Now I have to look through my box of 'spare' parts to see if I have a second set of caps .. mine was changed before I picked her up.

Not yet, still riding around with holes at the top of the forks. $129 seems high for what may not be the right part.
All good .. I have 4 days off starting tomorrow ... I will run some on the printer .. you can have them to test .. just cover the shipping and we are good .. I will send you a personal message when I am ready fro an address.

Agreed! ... hmmm you said Aluminium now you gave me an idea ... I do have a Lathe and roundstock ;) .. but I will still print some this weekend .
I would also like to see what you come up with. I also have a lathe so maybe a recess/groove for an o ring would hold them in place. I know they are cheap enough but any excuse to make something, right. 🤣

Back