Transcontinental Trunk on the Bagger?

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the trunk from the Transcontinental and add it on the bagger? Just like Honda with the Glod Wing.
I really like the bagger, all black just awesome. But my wife demands a trunk like backrest, so I may need to go Transcontinental.

I looked at my TC and the rear carrier rack is mounted to the backs of the side cases, looking at the parts views for the TC and the B it does look like the case bottoms are the same part number so may be possible to get the TC rack on the B if they can accommodate the mounting hardware. I don't know the story for the wiring for the taillight and case inner light but that would also be of interest. The seat is a bit broader at the back on the TC than the B, I can't advise if the mounting bolts would line up but the rear frame is the same part number for the B and the TC so I suspect maybe they would. Seems like it'd be quite the process. Best fortune on what your decision may be.

Last edited:
I looked at my TC and the rear carrier rack is mounted to the rear of the side cases, looking at the parts views for the TC and the B it does look like the case bottoms are the same part number so may be possible to get the TC rack on the B if they can accommodate the mounting hardware. I don't know the story for the wiring for the taillight and case inner light but that would also be of interest. The seat is a bit broader at the back on the TC than the B, I can't advise if the mounting bolts would line up but the rear frame is the same part number for the B and the TC so I suspect maybe they would. Seems like it'd be quite the process. Best fortune on what your decision may be.

Oh, there is wiring...thats basically not gonna work. I am sure the bikes run different software and BMW will likely not allow dealers to change the software. Just like with the EU-turn signals. Ok, there might be a work around somehow, but I think I pass.
Do you know by chance if there is a Piggy Backrest available? I checked at Wunderlich but they don't have one (yet)

perhaps contact Wunderlich and enquire, I contacted them a while back for lowered footpegs for the 2022 TC, they advised their engineers are working on a bunch of stuff for the new bikes, but no details... maybe they'll tell you more.. Also I'd suggest searching/watching this site, folks here are super helpful and lots of good leads and info streams too with Wunderlich, Corbin, Mustang, and others hot on it I'd expect something to pop up before long.

Last edited:
My take on this is that it is easier to delete. I'd buy the TC and remove the trunk when not needed --you'd have all of the parts instead of piecemealing a Bagger into a TC.

My take on this is that it is easier to delete. I'd buy the TC and remove the trunk when not needed --you'd have all of the parts instead of piecemealing a Bagger into a TC.

The thing is, the appearance won't change. The Bagger is all black, the Transcontinental isn't. If you put $30000 on the table for a motorcycle, it better is perfect in all aspects. (at least for me) It is hard to understand why BMW does not allow the black engine in the black TC.

The thing is, the appearance won't change. The Bagger is all black, the Transcontinental isn't. If you put $30000 on the table for a motorcycle, it better is perfect in all aspects. (at least for me) It is hard to understand why BMW does not allow the black engine in the black TC.
Why don't you buy the R18 Transcontinental in Manhattan Metallic Black. It's a nice colour and the finishing is Black like on the Bagger version.

Why don't you buy the R18 Transcontinental in Manhattan Metallic Black. It's a nice colour and the finishing is Black like on the Bagger version.
The paint is the same color between the B & Transcontinental, but the TC has more bright work on it. Stock it is with the bright engine, tank trim, fork tubes, front fender trim, airbox trim and head covers, while the B has the black engine, black fork tubes (like Base & Classic), black airbox trim and black head covers and no front fender chrome trim. The effect is the B can look more "blacked out" than the TC. Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 5.10.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-23 at 5.10.12 PM.png

The paint is the same color between the B & Transcontinental, but the TC has more bright work on it. Stock it is with the bright engine, tank trim, fork tubes, front fender trim, airbox trim and head covers, while the B has the black engine, black fork tubes (like Base & Classic), black airbox trim and black head covers and no front fender chrome trim. The effect is the B can look more "blacked out" than the TC. View attachment 4813View attachment 4814
You're right. At this point I think the 719 color combo too works in a similar way.

No sir, the engine in Black is not available in the Transcontinental, except for the purple one, and that isn't completely black either. But also the purple one has a silver dash, the bagger black dash, black instruments etc. why they doing that, I don't know. Anyways, thank you for help guys.

I was today in the dealership and sit on and tested all R18 they had, loved it but when I was about to sign the contract I just asked when they will get a K1600 again and it turned out they received the first one and it is still in a grate- I asked is it the GT in White, he said yes, I said done deal, that's mine.

So I got to change forums, and I am the first Texan on a 2022 K1600GT

No sir, the engine in Black is not available in the Transcontinental, except for the purple one, and that isn't completely black either. But also the purple one has a silver dash, the bagger black dash, black instruments etc. why they doing that, I don't know. Anyways, thank you for help guys.

I was today in the dealership and sit on and tested all R18 they had, loved it but when I was about to sign the contract I just asked when they will get a K1600 again and it turned out they received the first one and it is still in a grate- I asked is it the GT in White, he said yes, I said done deal, that's mine.

So I got to change forums, and I am the first Texan on a 2022 K1600GT
The K1600 (like the Goldwin or other similar models) is a nice scooter. Nothing to do with an R18 B or TC but this is not important: it only matters that you like it.

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the trunk from the Transcontinental and add it on the bagger? Just like Honda with the Glod Wing.
I really like the bagger, all black just awesome. But my wife demands a trunk like backrest, so I may need to go Transcontinental.
As a TC owner that wishes I had a bit more luggage space I would consider a larger trunk. If I had the B and wanted to mount a topcase I would consider the Indian Roadmaster trunk. It has better capacity, comes in black and IMO would fit the style of the Beemer. But like most things motorcycle related it is expensive for what it is. Trunk was about 2100 bucks a couple years ago when I was considering buying an Indian bagger.

Back