Trailering-need hitch/canbus wiring...??

WHH410

Have found a great nearly matching Lumina trailer, but have thus far been unable to find a hitch of any kind. I have searched the interweb the world over and spoken to many sources and thus far, no joy.
And the wiring is another anomaly........
I've spoken withClearwater Lighting and they have a
"can opener" system which they say gives me brake lights.
They cannot or will not confirm that I can or should t-tap for turn signals??
Wondering
Hoping to find a brother in arms among us.......

Very good question .. although I do not have the answer for you .. I am very much hoping somebody has ... I am playing with the trailer idea myself. Thanks for posting this question!

2Pot, Thanks for the intel...just placed my order.
FYI, They are currently 4-6 weeks out for new orders... And that's before news of our forum gets out!!
Have you ordered/received one of these and if so do you have pics of install. Also how are the turn/brake lights controlled?

I got mine in about 5 weeks.IMG_20240217_150503990.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240217_153146197_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240217_153146197_AE.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240217_150458647_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240217_150458647_AE.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20240217_150433404_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240217_150433404_AE.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20240217_150424283.jpg
    IMG_20240217_150424283.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
2Pot, Thanks for the intel...just placed my order.
FYI, They are currently 4-6 weeks out for new orders... And that's before news of our forum gets out!!
Have you ordered/received one of these and if so do you have pics of install. Also how are the turn/brake lights controlled?
Thanks for the pics... They did not have any to share so I kind of had to order blind and hope for the best,and hope it works on my Classic. Do you have any idea what the hitch platform height is at ball mount??

lol, I hear ya. I ordered blind as well, but I could not be happier. Install took about 25 min and that is with taking the bags off and putting them back on. I Have not measured the height, not installed the ball. Still crappy riding weather here so have not been out to much. I can let you know here in a couple of weeks though. If you want to ball park it, measure the distance from ground to the top of the tail pipe (Stock). That will put you within 1/2".

lol, I hear ya. I ordered blind as well, but I could not be happier. Install took about 25 min and that is with taking the bags off and putting them back on. I Have not measured the height, not installed the ball. Still crappy riding weather here so have not been out to much. I can let you know here in a couple of weeks though. If you want to ball park it, measure the distance from ground to the top of the tail pipe (Stock). That will put you within 1/2".
WOULD BE GREAT TO TALK...MY TYPING IS REALLY NOT GOOD FOR TEXT CONVERSATIONS. ALSO LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU ARE DOING FOR TRAILER BRAKE/ SIGNAL LIGHT FUNCTIONS...MY MOBILE IS 602.535.9245. sHOOT ME A TEXT WHEN IF YOU WANT TO TALK, tHANKS

WOULD BE GREAT TO TALK...MY TYPING IS REALLY NOT GOOD FOR TEXT CONVERSATIONS. ALSO LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU ARE DOING FOR TRAILER BRAKE/ SIGNAL LIGHT
WOULD BE GREAT TO TALK...MY TYPING IS REALLY NOT GOOD FOR TEXT CONVERSATIONS. ALSO LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU ARE DOING FOR TRAILER BRAKE/ SIGNAL LIGHT FUNCTIONS...MY MOBILE IS 602.535.9245. sHOOT ME A TEXT WHEN IF YOU WANT TO TALK, tHANKS

FUNCTIONS...MY MOBILE IS 602.535.9245. sHOOT ME A TEXT WHEN IF YOU WANT TO TALK, tHANKS
2Pot, I've not seen or heard a reply, but would be interested to know what if anything you found for trailer brake/signal/running lights interface...
I have found no real complete set up solution and obviously don't want to start cuttin/tapping wires with the canbus. ANY intel would be appreciated at this point. Thanks

2Pot, No worries. Just got a response from Hex re: K1600 EZcan functionality for our bikes and they claim that will not give brake lights, just auxiliary lights.
Would like to talk if possible rather than type to hear your experience with install and operation on your bike.
Bill

2Pot, No worries. Just got a response from Hex re: K1600 EZcan functionality for our bikes and they claim that will not give brake lights, just auxiliary lights.
Would like to talk if possible rather than type to hear your experience with install and operation on your bike.
Bill
The Supabrake folks have not been able to get their brake lights to work with the R18 either. I wonder what BMW is doing that is making brake lighting so challenging? And why?

I would think by simply wiring the new taillights from the trailer, in parallel to the existing taillight wiring would not introduce any errors and or a significant load as long as the trailer lights are L.E.D.

The hardest part is probably identifying the proper wiring at an appropriate area which makes it easier to integrate the trailer wiring harness.

If you don't own a volt Ohm (VOM) meter, probably a good idea to get one for the tool box; I like the FLUKE brand.

I would think by simply wiring the new taillights from the trailer, in parallel to the existing taillight wiring would not introduce any errors and or a significant load as long as the trailer lights are L.E.D.

The hardest part is probably identifying the proper wiring at an appropriate area which makes it easier to integrate the trailer wiring harness.

If you don't own a volt Ohm (VOM) meter, probably a good idea to get one for the tool box; I like the FLUKE brand.
On US models you will get some strange readings with a digital VOM trust me .. just been there when changing my rear lights. I like the 'parallel' idea ... there is a cavity behind the license plate holder with 2 connectors in it for the left and right turn signal (FE and I assume 'Classic' ... no idea about the 'B' or 'TC') where you could test .. the screws come out from the underside.
Of the 4 wires going to each turn signal only 2 do something .. the brown one is gnd and the blue (+tracer) is the light itself ... dim for driving light .. bright for turn/brake light.

Back