TC / Bagger phone plug?

I am not on an R18 site to battle about whether one should or should not use a phone case.

To each their own. The problem is - BMW did not consider the "to each their own" philosophy here. They made their original design overly complex and way too restrictive.

As a significant number of owners will want to use their phones with a case on it, it was a bad choice on BMWs part to make a phone cradle that could not support that. In general - they should have made it as easy as possible for as many people as possible.

In fact, the simplest form they could have done would have been to just have it be a cubby with a powerlet socket - just like the top case. It would have been cheaper and more functional for everyone.

BMW got overly fancy (cough mechanical adaptive headlight cough) which BMW will do.

There are a few people here who have been interested in making these mods, so I am sharing my progress and research in case it is of interest to others or helps others with their project.

The phone case debate is like the debate around any safety equipment: seat belts, helmets, gloves, etc etc. You never need them. Until the moment that you do.

Back