Stainless steel Hornig engine guards / crash bars

Was debating whether to go with OEM chrome crash bars, or try the stainless steel ones from Hornig. Have to say these stainless bars turned out pretty nice, and are about hundred bucks cheaper than OEM. Some of the others I've seen had a kind of pear shade to them, but these are a bit more horizontal on the top which I think looks better.
Just make sure you get the bars adjusted right so they don't touch the frame before putting any Locktite on. Easy install.

Attachments

• IMG_6718.JPG
    IMG_6718.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6720.JPG
    IMG_6720.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6723.JPG
    IMG_6723.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 48
I have never been disappointed with ROADSTYLER. A small family owned company in Poland. Their chrome and stainless steel is second to none I have ever bought. (27 bikes, my last 6 were HDs). Front crash= 590,000 Zlottys=$121.00 US. Rear gurd 450,000 Zlotty=$90.00 US. Do not let the price influence you into thinking they are cheaply made. They are not. They answer their emails every time. It usually took 7-10 days for the stuff to get to my door. Here's the link: mhttps://www.roadstyler.com/en/product-category/bmw-en/bmw-r18-en/y

I have never been disappointed with ROADSTYLER. A small family owned company in Poland. Their chrome and stainless steel is second to none I have ever bought. (27 bikes, my last 6 were HDs). Front crash= 590,000 Zlottys=$121.00 US. Rear gurd 450,000 Zlotty=$90.00 US. Do not let the price influence you into thinking they are cheaply made. They are not. They answer their emails every time. It usually took 7-10 days for the stuff to get to my door. Here's the link: mhttps://www.roadstyler.com/en/product-category/bmw-en/bmw-r18-en/y
Just a heads up, they told me last week that it would be around 5 weeks before they would have engine bars to ship.

Was debating whether to go with OEM chrome crash bars, or try the stainless steel ones from Hornig. Have to say these stainless bars turned out pretty nice, and are about hundred bucks cheaper than OEM. Some of the others I've seen had a kind of pear shade to them, but these are a bit more horizontal on the top which I think looks better.
Just make sure you get the bars adjusted right so they don't touch the frame before putting any Locktite on. Easy install.
Hi there, agree with you there, this style has good symmetry / looks correct to me, having a shape parallel to the ground, compared to other regular angled types out there - they do look good !
Is the finish a raw stainless polish or chrome plated over the stainless ? Tube diameter looks fairly large too - 38mm ?
Cheers !

Hi there, agree with you there, this style has good symmetry / looks correct to me, having a shape parallel to the ground, compared to other regular angled types out there - they do look good !
Is the finish a raw stainless polish or chrome plated over the stainless ? Tube diameter looks fairly large too - 38mm ?
Cheers !
I got the chrome font guard as well as the rear guard. Also got the saddle bag mounts. Everything fit right and looks great. The welds are small and very fine. Couldn't be more pleased, especially for the price.

These Hornig ones look like they give much better protection than my OEM BMW guards, I would go with the HORNIG guards ! ! !

Cheers !
Measured with calipers, they're somewhere between 33.6 and 33.8 mm thick. The finish is a polished stainless, not chrome plated. I think either one looks great on this bike.

Back when I rode the R1200C, I knew of Hornung and never heard a bad word about them but for some reason never ordered parts. Curious if they are making stuff for the R18? Time to take a look.

Measured with calipers, they're somewhere between 33.6 and 33.8 mm thick. The finish is a polished stainless, not chrome plated. I think either one looks great on this bike.
Thanks for the info ! Pleased to hear they are a polished stainless finish - time to have a look at costs to Australia. Am thinking also about mounting some driving lights - which the shape of these makes for a good look too 👌
Cheers !

Back