Spoke Wheels & Tires ( Classic vs Pure )

XUMERX

Site Supporter
Im curious as to what people think about the different tire sizes on the R18 classic vs the pure.. I have the pure with the 19 inch front wheel.. I feel like I want the meaty front tire that comes on the classic. Upon review it seems like the rear tire is also a different size. Anyone feel any benefits from having the classic size? I love the style of the wheels so another wheel would be out of the question.

I took an MSF class on my classic and the fat front tire isn’t quick to steer in to turns. It takes a large counter steer effort turn do quick weaves and tight u turns. It does however look amazing on the bike. It is also a tube type rim, so that can be fun.

Last edited:
Im curious as to what people think about the different tire sizes on the R18 classic vs the pure.. I have the pure with the 19 inch front wheel.. I feel like I want the meaty front tire that comes on the classic. Upon review it seems like the rear tire is also a different size. Anyone feel any benefits from having the classic size? I love the style of the wheels so another wheel would be out of the question.
I’ve had a couple of bikes ( not the R18 though ) with balloon front tyres. They rode perfectly well and I had no adverse handling issues. If I had to be really picky I would say the front end felt slightly more clumsy at very low speeds, maybe the contact patch and tyre profile made that so, don’t know. I guess it’s mostly looks and which you prefer.

Back