SPARK PLUGS w/12Nm Torque Spec.

D

Deleted member 939

Manual says new plugs 10,000 mile.
I suggest:
Make sure you have a extra long 14mm socket or you may break the porcelain insulator. I had to go and buy a entire set at Harbor freight as the ones I have are not deep enough.
Here is what the plugs look like.Both left side and right looked the same. I have the BrenTune/BT Moto installed.:D

Attachments

• IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0231.JPG
    IMG_0231.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. They look darker than the plugs I pulled out of my 1200 GS after 25k miles. And the long, thin 14mm is a BMW thing, it's annoying.
Yes on the 14mm/long,ugh!.Also,I don't think I will be replacing the plugs every 10,000 miles even though I got the plugs w/10% discount, free shipping and no taxes. They looked good and could be run at least 20,000 miles plus,buying the 4 plugs was still pricey.
They do have a lite brown color but thats because of the proper tune,I'm sure.
Thanks for verifying you ran the plugs for 25,000.That helps me make a decision to leave em it longer.

Yes on the 14mm/long,ugh!.Also,I don't think I will be replacing the plugs every 10,000 miles even though I got the plugs w/10% discount, free shipping and no taxes. They looked good and could be run at least 20,000 miles plus,buying the 4 plugs was still pricey.
They do have a lite brown color but thats because of the proper tune,I'm sure.
Thanks for verifying you ran the plugs for 25,000.That helps me make a decision to leave em it longer.
Tom, did u notice any difference in running characteristics after the new plugs were installed?

Tom, did u notice any difference in running characteristics after the new plugs were installed?
I changed the spark plugs and oil & filter plus I installed the new DNA open air top.I took the bike for a very short ride.Hard to tell but I will say,I think the open air box seemed to cause the bike to idle with a little bit of a thump.I noticed the bars seemed to shake a bit like it did before the tune.Having said that I did turn the bike off and restarted it.I let it idle for a few minutes then turned it off again.Took it for another short ride returned and shut it off.I repeated this on and off.The bike amazingly smoothes out.We are really lucky the bike has wideband O2 sensors.
The K&N with the open DNA may add a hp or two.Thats not really the point for me.The fact that the tune plus the wideband sensors just make a deeper sounding happy engine.

Weather is FINALLY beginning to warm up! Now we need some rain to wash away the salt...THEN, I might be able to get *a few* miles on my brand new 18 I bought nearly TWO MONTHS AGO!
Has it been 2 months already?:unsure:

Back