Siting a tracker

Hi I have R18 with just about a thousand miles on it now. I had an attempted theft yesterday. I had ridden it to work at my NHS clinic (it makes me smile) and parked it 50ft from the security guard under a security camera, with a single front disc lock in place.
A couple of chaps rode up on a scooter while I was seeing a patient, one of whom had a battery operated angle grinder. He didn't start work on the lock as an elderly lady chased him off! She then told the security guy who saw nothing.
I have a monimoto tracker which I used on my previous k1600b, but I can't work out a suitable place to site it. All I can think of is under the seat, which would be easy to remove. Any ideas?

First and foremost, am so sorry some low life scum bag had the audacity to steal your bike.
Secondly, under the seat is the most common place for a tracker and therefore they go for it first. If they can’t find it, they will nick the bike a leave it under remote supervision to see if the cops or you come around, if nothing happens between a few hours then the bike will be gone for good.
I am not saying a tracker is a bad idea but in these cases a combination of devices is much much effective. Buy something like a Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit and a LITELOK X1 for the wheels and trust me, a battery powered tool discs grinder will at least take 15 mis per lock with loads of noise and sparks going everywhere. No smart thief will risk it and a petty one does not come equipped that well and will soon run away.
You can also get Datatag and advertise it. If you fit a tracker, do not advertise it.
I am sure more people will come up with ideas but I firmly believe in the power of deterrent.

I own a R18 B, I imagine it would be pretty difficult to steal without the key... I don't lock my bike with external locks and such, I just use the steering lock and the electronic side bag locks; I also enabled the alarm system to automatically arm itself - which is a pain if move my bike while sitting in the garage and don't have my key fob with me...

Professionals will just pull up in a Sprinter Van and lift it up and into the van and take off... I haven't really explored if there are any published cheats to defeating the theft deterrent systems on the R18 platform...

I own a R18 B, I imagine it would be pretty difficult to steal without the key... I don't lock my bike with external locks and such, I just use the steering lock and the electronic side bag locks; I also enabled the alarm system to automatically arm itself - which is a pain if move my bike while sitting in the garage and don't have my key fob with me...

Professionals will just pull up in a Sprinter Van and lift it up and into the van and take off... I haven't really explored if there are any published cheats to defeating the theft deterrent systems on the R18

They just kick the bars to break the steering lock. They won't bother starting it, the 2nd kid riding the scooter will stick his boot out and push it along.

Having looked at the above links, not sure if I'm misreading, but it looks like I have to be within a couple of hundred ft for my phone to "see" the tile? I can see the bike from 200 yards!

Back