Same father, different mother? H-D Heritage Softail and BMW R 18 Classic

The GS is a rider’s bike; The TC has neither the cosmetic beauty of the R18 nor the performance of a Harley Bagger. If I wanted a Road Glide, I’d own one :) The GS is more comfy, faster, lighter and handles poor road surfaces better. I can ride my GS across the continent… or may R18 first edition, faster than on a bloated “bagger” I’m definitely not a fan :)
Then each to their own. If I wanted a GS to cross country I could have bought one and join a mate that tours around Europe regularly but I did not, instead I bought a bagger and very glad I did and very happy with all the aspects of it.
This is a place where we all come together to exchange experiences, collaborate and help one another and although everyone is entitled to their own opinion, there’s no need to rub on anyone’s face your continuous opinion about a particular bike or model. Said it once to get it out of your chest and that is enough.

The GS is a rider’s bike; The TC has neither the cosmetic beauty of the R18 nor the performance of a Harley Bagger. If I wanted a Road Glide, I’d own one :) The GS is more comfy, faster, lighter and handles poor road surfaces better. I can ride my GS across the continent… or may R18 first edition, faster than on a bloated “bagger” I’m definitely not a fan :)
🤣 I'm not debating that the GS can handle off-road conditions better than the R18. The GS and the R18 are in different classes and have nothing to do with one another. I cannot ride my Alcina off-road, nor would I dare to; I didn't buy her for that purpose. But, I wouldn't buy a GS for an on-road trip cross-country either. Just MY own opinion.

The R18 cruiser IS an art bike, and I say that with all sincere adoration. I have said that before on this forum, as well as acknowledging that I very much want one in my stable.

What does concern me however, is that you seem to low-key bash the R18 overall on this forum. Are you a plant from HD or something??? I'm jokingly sarcastic on that question...kind of...

Mike

My R18 TC is beautiful and i certainly wouldnt kick her out of bed if she were human. The GS onthe other hand....well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And dont get me started on the softail. Only thing that cranks my pistons from Harley Davidson are the new CVO Roadglides. But i havnt won a lottery so no go there.

Last edited:
Back