Roughcraft headers

Arzoom

Hay all! Having fitment issues with my R18. Anybody install the roughcraft exhaust system? If so what am I missing on my install. Running into clearance issues on both sides on the headers. Any instructions or tricks to make them work

Hay all! Having fitment issues with my R18. Anybody install the roughcraft exhaust system? If so what am I missing on my install. Running into clearance issues on both sides on the headers. Any instructions or tricks to make them work
Email roughcrafts. They should guide you.

Sorry folks but,I don't get it.
Why spend over $2000 for something that does not fit?
The oem headpipe should be good.If you want to get rid of the Hi-flow catz then almost any muffler shop could add a piece of stainless pipe and adapt it to the header then continue to the mufflers.Then buy a set of servo buddies & FreedomPerformance mufflers and re-use all the stock heat shields.
K.I.S.S.
Keep
It
Simple
Sir
Damn Loretta!

I just went to their site to look at them and man o man are those awesome looking! But $2200....why does everything I like have to be so expensive😫😫😫
To those whom much has been given,much is expected,LOL!

I am still waiting for an exhaust for this bike that doesn’t look like it’s tacked on. I think the bike offers some pretty unique design opportunities for an exhaust company. But I realize the sales volume is going to limit us to pipes intended for other bikes that can be easily converted for use on the R18.

So I will continue in my quest to modify the OEM fishtails.

I just went to their site to look at them and man o man are those awesome looking! But $2200....why does everything I like have to be so expensive😫😫😫
Many desirable things are either illegal, immoral or fattening.

Did we hear what the fitment issue was?

In any case, while the referenced pipes are cool, I'm still waiting for simple chrome versions that look like the original concept.

P90351222_lowRes_bmw-motorrad-concept (1).jpg

That is my biggest problem with our bikes. I personally dislike the chrome intake covers, I just wish they were a little more low key. But, to each his own, right?
You can find carbon fiber copies of the intake covers on eBay. If you don’t like the carbon fiber pattern you can just paint them.
That’s the route I will be taking.

3C15AE7B-87A3-4C98-9FA2-A811B5169DFB.jpeg

You can find carbon fiber copies of the intake covers on eBay. If you don’t like the carbon fiber pattern you can just paint them.
That’s the route I will be taking.

View attachment 8812
Yes, I've seen those but It seems to me that carbon fiber somehow doesn't fit into the general styling vibe of the R18. They are nice looking and inexpensive, but........I am in the process of painting them now.

Back