R18B UK

Hi folks,

Incoming R18B in next 24hrs. UK based and looking forward to racking up some summer miles. Owned many bikes in a relatively short riding career, but most recently came from a GL1800B which was awesome, but fancied a new experience and a little more character - which I believe very much the R18 ticks that box. Narrowly avoided the HD bikes, was intrigued, but a Chapter turning up at my local dealership whilst looking at them sadly totally turned me off - no HD bashing from me, just didn't go for the vibe.

Look forward to engaging with you all.

Thanks and ride safe

Hi folks,

Incoming R18B in next 24hrs. UK based and looking forward to racking up some summer miles. Owned many bikes in a relatively short riding career, but most recently came from a GL1800B which was awesome, but fancied a new experience and a little more character - which I believe very much the R18 ticks that box. Narrowly avoided the HD bikes, was intrigued, but a Chapter turning up at my local dealership whilst looking at them sadly totally turned me off - no HD bashing from me, just didn't go for the vibe.

Look forward to engaging with you all.

Thanks and ride safe
Welcome to the forum and I hope you are happy with your purchase. The B is a fantastic bike. Different from anything else I have ridden but pleased with it.
I am based in Langdon Hills, Basildon, Essex.
Not many UK riders as far as I am aware but hopefully the numbers will increase with time and we could all plan to meet at a mid point, ride out and share experiences.

So far it’s epic. In rock mode I am genuinely surprised by how good it sounds stock - which I suppose goes against the general consensus.

Pre delivery I was considering a full system and being the development mule for ProRace (they are 30mins from me) but now I’m not sure.

Like most, the screen buffeting is annoying, but I had that on my Goldwing bagger, albeit slightly less. I reckon a same height/length aftermarket screen but with a different lip profile would reduce the buffeting to a more tolerable level. I like the look of a lower (stock) height screen and prepared for compromise on that front.

Likely an aftermarket screen is the next purchase.

Cheers for the warm welcome ✊

I must admit, when I took a test drive on the very same bike I purchased the buffeting was shocking and nearly put me off but after 2 hrs riding along I got used to it and somehow adopted a different posture and now is either not that noticeable or I got used to it. I also wanted to buy a V&H exhaust but you are right, the sound coming out of the stock system is not bad at all and I have convinced myself I don’t need to shell out money on that. Pretty happy with mine which I took today for the 600mls service. Did you buy yours from Sycamore (Witham)?

Back