R18 Instrument Cluster Disassembly, Dial Face Replacement MPH to KPH

I currently have an R18 First Edition MPH bike, but ride in a KPH country. Need to swap the dial face to Kilometers per hour, which have been sourced here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134622832610

Has anyone actually popped open their Instrument Cluster, or know how to do so without damage to ring, lens needle etc?

I have searched for a while for R18 and R9T forums but could not come across anything yet. But since the dial face itself is available, someone must have done it.

Edit*
I have also asked dealer to see if I could get the KPH to display on the digital screen, or any of the other infos like ODO or range data from MPH to KPH and have been told this is also not possible... that is really a shame if that's true.

This may be of some use. On YouTube a guy called The Missenden Flyer replaced the face on his Triumph Speed Twin a couple of years ago. It’s quite detailed and tbh, I would not have even tried it, BUT, he did it, it worked and still does. I’m sure the video is still on there somewhere. He had to strip it down, remove the needle and various delicate items to do the swap. At least it will give you an idea what you are likely to encounter.

This may be of some use. On YouTube a guy called The Missenden Flyer replaced the face on his Triumph Speed Twin a couple of years ago. It’s quite detailed and tbh, I would not have even tried it, BUT, he did it, it worked and still does. I’m sure the video is still on there somewhere. He had to strip it down, remove the needle and various delicate items to do the swap. At least it will give you an idea what you are likely to encounter.
Great pointer, found the video. Here is the link for posterity:

I currently have an R18 First Edition MPH bike, but ride in a KPH country. Need to swap the dial face to Kilometers per hour, which have been sourced here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134622832610

Has anyone actually popped open their Instrument Cluster, or know how to do so without damage to ring, lens needle etc?

I have searched for a while for R18 and R9T forums but could not come across anything yet. But since the dial face itself is available, someone must have done it.

Edit*
I have also asked dealer to see if I could get the KPH to display on the digital screen, or any of the other infos like ODO or range data from MPH to KPH and have been told this is also not possible... that is really a shame if that's true.
Teknolojay, I have the same issue! Did you end up attempting to open the cluster?

Back