R18 Bagger Wannabe?

Dennis, I also live in Central Georgia, and bought my R18B at Extreme Motorcycle in Columbus and they will be doing my service work.
I went there to look at the Roctane and rode the Bagger home. I also own a 2014 Honda Valkyrie , a 2017 Suzuki M109 BOSS and a 2003 BMW R1200CL.
At first the weight of the Bagger was somewhat unsettleing, and none of my other bikes are light. But i take my time and respect the weight . Once you get rolling, the bike handles surprisingly well. Vibration? Yes, if you ride the bike spirited , which is how I ride all my bikes, it will vibrate at certain rpms. But if you quickshift and keep rpms down around 2500 , it is smoooooooth. I think i have addressed most of your concerns. Some have said they wished they had just went ahead and got the Transcontinental . I am one of them. A taller windshield is my next mod, along with a taller seat . I like the look of the Bagger but am now modifying it to be more comfortable for the long trips. I get lots of thumbs up on this bike, but the best thing that has happened so far was a guy pulled up next to me in his pick up truck and hollers nice Harley...!!! I laughed and pointed at the badge on the tank and he exclaimed, ohh i see it now... But the awesome thing was that his wife or girlfriend was looking over his shoulder at my bike and had a huge smile and a big thumbs up. Its cool to be different..!!!View attachment 12265
I'd be interested in purchasing your stock seat if you decide to go with the thinker comfortable seat; I'm looking for a stock 719 seat with the diamond pattern stitching.

Back