R18 100th Anniversary Model

BMW has always been competitive with their color schemes. I liked every color that BMW put on the R1200C, from the bumble bee to pacific blue to white aluminum. Liked them all.

With respect to stock seats, I think manufacturers might intentionally build an off seat so as to allow 3rd party accessories to flourish

With respect, whilst manufacturers may intentionally build seasts "off", in my world view this is not fair or honest. I have owned an Aprilia and a Yamaha and neither required seat alteration. I rode the Aprilia for 9 years on the stock seat... it was simply fine.

I've been happy with my stock R 18 B FE seat; I like the way it looks on the bike and it's more than comfortable for my riding style (4 to 9 hrs.) weekend rides.

If I was to upgrade it, it would be for looks - maybe the diamond pattern 719 seat.

With respect, whilst manufacturers may intentionally build seasts "off", in my world view this is not fair or honest. I have owned an Aprilia and a Yamaha and neither required seat alteration. I rode the Aprilia for 9 years on the stock seat... it was simply fine.
Thinking of AV8OR’s view on this it is remarkable how Harley Davidson does it. Their stock bikes have simple plain hand grips, but the grips in the accessory catalog are very fancy.
The stock oil cooler cover is matte black plastic but the accessory oil cooler cover is shiny chrome. I could go on and on.
It seems to me this is calculated marketing that increases revenue.

I've been happy with my stock R 18 B FE seat; I like the way it looks on the bike and it's more than comfortable for my riding style (4 to 9 hrs.) weekend rides.

If I was to upgrade it, it would be for looks - maybe the diamond pattern 719 seat.
I second that statement !

A while back, I grabbed the Mustang Vintage seat.

It's got just a little more width and cushion than stock but retains a nice minimal profile.

https://www.r18forums.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-r18-today.97/post-16349

Back