Pinstriping !

I had some very subtle pinstriping put on mine. Can't even see it until you're closer than 6 feet to the bike.

Attachments

• ps1.jpg
    ps1.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 50
  • ps2.jpg
    ps2.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 50
  • ps3.jpg
    ps3.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 50
  • ps4.jpg
    ps4.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 49
  • ps5.jpg
    ps5.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 50
Is it done by machine or hand-done?
It is done, usually in one stroke, by hand. Back in the day they had specially trained ladies who could execute in 1 stroke all the time. But I know all the pinstripes on the R18 are done by hand... fast. I toured the factory and the ladies re-pinstriped the E75 I rode there in less than 10 minutes. It was something to behold. If you didn't know they qC the pinstripes and all are exactly the same diameter as well. Its how you can tell your vintage BMW's paintjob is original.

And, with every handmade pinstripe at the BMW factory in Munich for the R18 line, a faint wail and gnashing of teeth could be heard from a distant accounting office....

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mike

Ok, got my first quote today from a custom bike builder. He quoted ~$500 to do the tank if I remove the tank and bring it to him. At that rate, I'd hate to add the bags and fairing.

He said he would buff down the existing clear coat, add the stripes, then re-clearcoat the tank.

Back