Pinlock

It might help to know what the hell a tinted pinlock is.
Haha, try Revzilla! What helmet do u want the pinlock for. A pinlock is the small inner plastic that attaches to the shield. They supposedly help with fogging. I personally didn't think they were effective.

Haha, try Revzilla! What helmet do u want the pinlock for. A pinlock is the small inner plastic that attaches to the shield. They supposedly help with fogging. I personally didn't think they were effective.
Ah interesting, regarding your experience with no helping with fogging. Shoei Glamster (yuck of name, but super nice helmet!) The helmet actually came with one, but I wanted to try a tinted version.

Never heard the term pinlock until now. Live and learn.

Wearing polarized sunglasses in combination with the pinlock lens filtered out my TC TFT display so it was effectively unusable. So now I use shields without pinlock when on TC so the TFT screen is visible. I didn't do any further analysis of this so your experience may differ.

Last edited:
Wearing polarized sunglasses in combination with the pinlock lens filtered out my TC TFT display so it was effectively unusable. So now I use shields without pinlock when on TC so the TFT screen is visible. I didn't do any further analysis of this so your experience may differ.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Unsure if the tinted pinlock shield is polarized.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Unsure if the tinted pinlock shield is polarized.
Anyone know of a good local (online US North 'Merica... that'd include O'Canada) based business to order a tinted pinlock? Google wasn't much help for me. Thanks!
I have not sought this product out (mine is still in it's bag) but you might try FORTNINE.ca it is a Canuck online shop with a huge inventory. I bought a couple of things from them, as has my brother who rides KTM and we both found the service to be excellent. Good luck.

Anyone know of a good local (online US North 'Merica... that'd include O'Canada) based business to order a tinted pinlock? Google wasn't much help for me. Thanks!
Might suggest trying a normal pin lock with a tinted shield, or sunglasses. Pin lock is very useful in cooler temps/night where you might get fogging. For me at least, if it’s bright enough to need tinted lenses, I’m not worried about fogging.

But, assuming there are tinted pin locks available, if you keep taking the pinlock off and putting it back on (swapping tinted vs clear), the seal may not hold as well, thus defeating the purpose of the pin lock.

As to dealers, in the U.S., Revzilla, in Canada, FortNine.

With all my past and current Shoei helmets I’ve fitted the clear pin lock to a tinted visor as suggested above. Looks far better and the Glamster especially benefits from a darker visor imo from what I’ve seen.

Might suggest trying a normal pin lock with a tinted shield, or sunglasses. Pin lock is very useful in cooler temps/night where you might get fogging. For me at least, if it’s bright enough to need tinted lenses, I’m not worried about fogging.

But, assuming there are tinted pin locks available, if you keep taking the pinlock off and putting it back on (swapping tinted vs clear), the seal may not hold as well, thus defeating the purpose of the pin lock.

As to dealers, in the U.S., Revzilla, in Canada, FortNine.
Awesome tip; thanks! (And thanks to @Alex-B, also; and @AV8ER)

Back