Oddities: Exposed Fuses

RyBread

Site Supporter
Elite Member
While I was give the R18B a quick rub down with some liquid detailer, I noticed some exposed fuses:

IMG_6411.jpeg

I got curious and removed the cover:

IMG_6412.jpeg

So I called the dealership and the dealer said it was normal.

Is it just me?I See these fuses out exposed to the elements just surprises me. There should be at least a dust cover no? I wonder how long it will be till these fuses, specially in the upward position causes issues...

Last edited:
I had the same question when I came across those fuses. It just seems insane on such a well engineered bike to leave them exposed like that.

I covered that area behind the side-cover with a black mesh, when I installed the J&H exhaust system; which, includes a servo control module which I installed in that vacant compartment. The black mesh basically will keep dust and rain spray from contaminating that area behind the side-covers. I think the material is a landscaping mat material.

Screenshot_20230320-051734.png

I covered that area behind the side-cover with a black mesh, when I installed the J&H exhaust system; which, includes a servo control module which I installed in that vacant compartment. The black mesh basically will keep dust and rain spray from contaminating that area behind the side-covers. I think the material is a landscaping mat material.

View attachment 9381
Interesting concept, my only concern is drainage. With the material there where else, is all the water going to go.

I only worry about these thing because I've run into wiring issues in the past. Shorted out my aux lights and cellphone charger in a mean thunderstorm.

If it rains I usually pull over and throw my rain gear on and keep it moving. Side thought, my rain gear will probably take up a lot of this small side bag lol

It'll have to be hurricane type winds and rain for me to stop riding that day.

Back