New R18

GMR18

Hello I have a trial tomorrow from BMW dealer. It’s been a long long time from my last ride on motorcycle (20 years). But I was riding off road quad (Mountain). I took a motorcycle course last week because I am a little scary about the R18 dimensions. What’s yours thoughts? Or recommendations... Thank you!

I'd suggest a good Airhead to get your riding legs first.
Give it a year and revisit.
It (R18)
is a big, heavy bike, with a lot of torque. You should be comfortable in doing a U turn on the bike as a way to test your confidence.

I agree that slow turns (especially starting off) can be tricky with the weight you are riding on. Clutch & steering manipulation are key to balance. Take the MSF class to get back into the swing of things because the bikes they train you on are very light and nimble and thus easy to learn the proper technique. And, you could followup with an advanced class and bring along the R18!

I agree that slow turns (especially starting off) can be tricky with the weight you are riding on. Clutch & steering manipulation are key to balance. Take the MSF class to get back into the swing of things because the bikes they train you on are very light and nimble and thus easy to learn the proper technique. And, you could followup with an advanced class and bring along the R18!
Thank you!

Back