New owner in Western Washington

triumphwes

Site Supporter
I just picked up a R18 TC 719 option. I've already logged over 400 miles within the first few days. The bikes' personality reminds me of my all time favorite bike I've ever owned, my R75/5, but way bigger. I found the increased heft and size very manageable after an extended test ride. Now I can't stay off the thing....

This is my third BMW (R75/5, K1600GTL, now R18TC), and a slew of other makes ranging from my first bike in '86 (Kawasaki KE250), Yamaha 750XS, two Triumphs, too many Harleys to admit to, and an Indian. I also seem to always keep a vintage bike on my table which is now a 1967 Matchless G15CS.

My main purpose to be here is for any tech/ mechanical info I may find within the various forums.

Wesley

Welcome and congratulations!

There are several very helpful threads covering basic maintenance, trouble shooting and modifications. Easy to search topics and if you need more info many members can be counted on for solid advice.

Sounds like you already have found the R18 to be an excellent roadster and much like your older BMWs, it starts to break in nicely around +/- 4000 miles and continues to get noticeably better through the next couple of oil change intervals.

🍻

Welcome and congratulations!

There are several very helpful threads covering basic maintenance, trouble shooting and modifications. Easy to search topics and if you need more info many members can be counted on for solid advice.

Sounds like you already have found the R18 to be an excellent roadster and much like your older BMWs, it starts to break in nicely around +/- 4000 miles and continues to get noticeably better through the next couple of oil change intervals.

🍻
Thanks Bob,

I found the R18 motor to be rather "tight" during the 600 mile break in period. It's good to hear that it'll set in more over the next couple of oil changes. I've already found some ideas on different scissor jack mods for lifting the front/ back of the bike for wheel removal. All good info so far. This forum seems to be the place!

Back