New models, longer kick stands?

Is anyone aware of '23 BMW motorcycles having a new, longer than usual kick stand? Pictured is a '23 R18 and you can clearly see the kickstand is way too long for the cruiser dolly. Also pictured is the same cruiser dolly with various brands/years/models of other cruisers. I'm wondering if BMW or for the R18 model specifically, if the kickstand is suddenly longer than usual. The kickstand and suspension for the R18 pictured is stock. Thank you in advance for any information you can share.

Attachments

• R18.jpg
    R18.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 50
  • MC1.png
    MC1.png
    192 KB · Views: 50
  • MC2.png
    MC2.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 48
  • MC3.png
    MC3.png
    165 KB · Views: 48
All I know is the R18 kickstand is so much better than the kickstand on HD touring bikes. A couple years ago my HD RoadGlide walked forward and fell over in the garage. For some reason the HD kickstand does not snap out and away from the bike. At the dealership, all the touring bikes sit with steering wheel turned far left to minimize the chance of a forward step and tip over.

When I added floor boards to my R18 they had to change the kick stand, which I'm sure is longer than the original one that came with the pegs.
I went from floorboards to pegs on my 22 classic. Kickstand size doesn't really change...there is a boss/rubber bumper near the foot of the kickstand that isn't shared between the peg and floorboard models. The only difference between peg equiped r18s and floorboard equiped kickstands are minor and prevent the kickstand from making metal to metal contact with the hinge of the floorboard.

old thread, but I'm guessing there's at least 2 different part numbers for kickstands...one for the 16" front+rear tire models, and a longer one for the Rocktane 21"/18" inch tires....other bikes maybe meet somewhere in the middle? Contractors showing up as I type, no time to look it up...

Back