Hi Fritz,
Welcome aboard mate. Glad to see more UK riders appearing on the site.

Assuming you are buying a spanking brand new machine, like any other bike, take it easy on the firsts few hundred mls to ensure the tyres have roughened enough and the metals inside the engine start mating nicely. Also, as she does not ride like most other motorcycles, you will need to get used to her for a little bit.

Other than that, these machines are rolling work of art. They have their own peculiarities, characters but in the years I have been riding motorcycles, I have never ridden anything like my B. I have ridden comfier bikes but this one is way different to the rest.
Also ensure that your suspension is set properly.
Many of these bikes came with the preload set to shipping to avoid bouncing inside containers when they were in transit to the dealership. Not many dealers were aware and this resulted in many first rides giving the impression that the bike was firm as hell, me included on my first test ride as I took a Pure for a spin and did not enjoy the ride.

I strongly recommend you to search this forum as most of your questions would have been answered already here. It goes without saying that if you don’t find what you are looking for, all you gotta do is ask😉
Good luck on your purchase next week and post a picture of your ride once you have taken her home.

Yep, welcome along. I stopped at a cafe for a bite to eat only yesterday, while I was inside the cafe I noticed a guy walk over to my bike and start looking at it. He was walking around it for a good minute or two, took a photo on his phone and then came in. After he ordered he came over to sit nearby and struck up a conversation, he explained he was into Classic bikes himself but said he’d never seen an R18 in person before (only in pictures) and he thought it looked terrific. He asked me all about it and I could tell he was being genuine. I have had similar experiences before while out & about, it is always very nice, we don’t need it but I think some people ‘get it’ more than others.

Back