Magic 8-ball pick a R18

motoring

So say you are relaxed and in a reflective mood. And oh look, what is that your holding in your lap… Bye Jesus it’s a magic eight ball. But this is no ordinary magic eight ball, it’s an R18 eight ball…hum…maybe should have called it a magic r1Eight ball.

At any rate, you get to make it say anything you want though it only works when you flip it over to show your selection if…you currently own an R18 (any model). Oh yes, one other thing, it can grant your wish at NO cost. The only condition is you must live with the bike you pick and cannot then change it for a different R18.

So, you happy R18 base/FE owners…would you ‘flip’ at the chance to change to a Classic, Bagger or TC? Any Classic owners want to switch?

Likewise, would you happy Bagger or TC owners want to magically change to a TC, Bagger else Classic or R18 base/FE? Wait, don’t worry, this is a friendly magic eight ball. It will refund the extra you paid for the Classic, Bagger or TC if you chance.

Granted the magic eight ball does not have unlimited powers. It cannot increase rear suspension travel on a R18 or Classic. It cannot put the Bagger or TC on Carb Less diet (get it carbs…ok we don’t have those on R18) so neither loses weight. And on the slight chance anyone‘s TFT/Phone interface is not working perfectly…be it you have a bike with it or without…it still won’t work perfectly if some change to it.

Just wondering, if $ is not a factor and after having owned one for some time you would be a keeper of what you got or like to switch. Granted some/many might wish to move up since heck it would be free. Yet then again maybe a few not for one reason or another. Though would be interesting to see if others would move down the trim line for any reason.

I guess you could ask the magic eight ball to make the bike go away and give you your $ back but then it would not be a nice magic eight ball so that is not allowed :). Plus, since this is an R18 forum would figure very few would select that option.

And one other thing, give me back my R18 magic eight ball once done with it.

Last edited:
Well my old still broken down /2 has the solo seat with a rubber square box under it for cushion over the bumps and I am not removing it once it is running again.

So say you are relaxed and in a reflective mood. And oh look, what is that your holding in your lap… Bye Jesus it’s a magic eight ball. But this is no ordinary magic eight ball, it’s an R18 eight ball…hum…maybe should have called it a magic r1Eight ball.

At any rate, you get to make it say anything you want though it only works when you flip it over to show your selection if…you currently own an R18 (any model). Oh yes, one other thing, it can grant your wish at NO cost. The only condition is you must live with the bike you pick and cannot then change it for a different R18.

So, you happy R18 base/FE owners…would you ‘flip’ at the chance to change to a Classic, Bagger or TC? Any Classic owners want to switch?

Likewise, would you happy Bagger or TC owners want to magically change to a TC, Bagger else Classic or R18 base/FE? Wait, don’t worry, this is a friendly magic eight ball. It will refund the extra you paid for the Classic, Bagger or TC if you chance.

Granted the magic eight ball does not have unlimited powers. It cannot increase rear suspension travel on a R18 or Classic. It cannot put the Bagger or TC on Carb Less diet (get it carbs…ok we don’t have those on R18) so neither loses weight. And on the slight chance anyone‘s TFT/Phone interface is not working perfectly…be it you have a bike with it or without…it still won’t work perfectly if some change to it.

Just wondering, if $ is not a factor and after having owned one for some time you would be a keeper of what you got or like to switch. Granted some/many might wish to move up since heck it would be free. Yet then again maybe a few not for one reason or another. Though would be interesting to see if others would move down the trim line for any reason.

I guess you could ask the magic eight ball to make the bike go away and give you your $ back but then it would not be a nice magic eight ball so that is not allowed :). Plus, since this is an R18 forum would figure very few would select that option.

OK, I bought my FE R18 because it looks like an old BMW but has modern safety and performance. The bike is gorgeous and there is no way, no how I would want some of the latter models because they gave that up and went for the cruiser and cruiser touring markets after the R18 in a bare bones format didnt sell like they thought. The bikes had to be discounted deeply. But its exactly what I wanted, I was that niche buyer who wanted a true raw vintage bike feel without sleeping with a Clymer manual under my pillow. Fairly, I am a multi bike owner, so I had that luxury and need.

I have a Classic and wouldn't swap it for any other model R18. I test rode all but the TC, so I knew what each felt like. The Pure is what got me first looking at the R18, but the Classic hit the sweet spot for me. I'm not generally keen on fairings as they can be very hot in summer months, so the B & TC while I looked at them weren't really a consideration & still aren't for me.

So, basically it's the Pure vs Classic for me. I can take the bags off my Classic in <10 minutes and the windshield comes off in <1 minute. So, I essentially have a Pure already & 70% of the time, that's what my Classic looks like. I leave the bags off unless I'm on an overnight trip. The windshield is for cooler weather. So, I have a Pure with a light bar, straight exhaust and a bit fatter front tire.

OK, I bought my FE R18 because it looks like an old BMW but has modern safety and performance. The bike is gorgeous and there is no way, no how I would want some of the latter models because they gave that up and went for the cruiser and cruiser touring markets after the R18 in a bare bones format didnt sell like they thought. The bikes had to be discounted deeply. But its exactly what I wanted, I was that niche buyer who wanted a true raw vintage bike feel without sleeping with a Clymer manual under my pillow. Fairly, I am a multi bike owner, so I had that luxury and need.
“…I was that niche buyer who wanted a true raw vintage bike feel without sleeping with a Clymer manual under my pillow…”
Love it :) glad it gives you the feeling wanted. Had not stopped to consider the original R18s might be the zen of an R18 cruiser but sort of line that sound of that.

I have a Classic and wouldn't swap it for any other model R18. I test rode all but the TC, so I knew what each felt like. The Pure is what got me first looking at the R18, but the Classic hit the sweet spot for me. I'm not generally keen on fairings as they can be very hot in summer months, so the B & TC while I looked at them weren't really a consideration & still aren't for me.

So, basically it's the Pure vs Classic for me. I can take the bags off my Classic in <10 minutes and the windshield comes off in <1 minute. So, I essentially have a Pure already & 70% of the time, that's what my Classic looks like. I leave the bags off unless I'm on an overnight trip. The windshield is for cooler weather. So, I have a Pure with a light bar, straight exhaust and a bit fatter front tire.
Yeah I get it, I was just too cheap to actually ”get it“ so settling for the base R18FE. Enjoy the Classic it is so so pretty and bad ass looking.

They ship worldwide. If you are minimally handy you can do it.

Make sure you order the correct one for the correct wheel size. Mine is the 18-21. I think @TodkaVonic has the stock setup if you want to compare pics shoot him a pm.

A colleague of mine said for years that bikers will never be happy until they buy a GoldWing.
So I bought one in 2018 and didn’t like it.
Right now my TC (minus the top box) is just what I want. It looks great and has a half dozen farkles not found on the Bagger.
So now now I’m saying you won’t be happy until you get a topless R18TC.

Make sure you order the correct one for the correct wheel size. Mine is the 18-21. I think @TodkaVonic has the stock setup if you want to compare pics shoot him a pm.
That’s a valuable point. I will keep mine 18-19. Will try to find some pics To

Thanks for the advice. Will talk to my „tribe“ in Germany and check TodkaVonic‘s mods. Will keep mine 18-19.

Smart colleague! I just bought one and it is the best bike that I have ever owned.
Agreed, for two up touring. Love the wing. And dct makes it incredible.

For everyday year round I opt for the RT. More nimble and fun. Even over the GS due to bags, wind protection, weather protection, adj shield, storage compartment etc etc. unless extensive dirt roads are in your neck of the woods where crashing could damage the plastic of the rt.

Now we have seriously hijacked what ever thread this was.

A colleague of mine said for years that bikers will never be happy until they buy a GoldWing.
So I bought one in 2018 and didn’t like it.
Right now my TC (minus the top box) is just what I want. It looks great and has a half dozen farkles not found on the Bagger.
So now now I’m saying you won’t be happy until you get a topless R18TC.
Cool, we got riders going topless on the site now. What percentage are female owners I wonder? No wait, my mind was elsewhere for a moment. Carry on.

No batwing bikes for me. But, had the dealer had a classic at the same price as the pure (with the same accessories) yep, I'd have jumped on that instead. No buyers remorse on what I did buy but the removable bags and screen would have been nice.

Back