It's an orphaned clip. Does anyone recognize it?

fleabag

I changed the front tire of the bagger today, and I know that I didn’t remove any clips, but this was on the floor next to the bike. I’m pretty sure this does not belong to the R18. I thought it may have come from the Kern Stabi jack, but the parts list does not show it. I hope it's not important :-O. If anyone has a clue, let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_5072.jpeg
    IMG_5072.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
I can look at my Model B later today; perhaps it's a guide for the ABS sensor cabling ...?

What about holding the wheels on the KERN-STABI X518; maybe check, the four wheels on the lift at the axle?

I can look at my Model B later today; perhaps it's a guide for the ABS sensor cabling ...?

What about holding the wheels on the KERN-STABI X518; maybe check, the four wheels on the lift at the axle?
It’s a very thin clip so I have no idea. I checked the lift and I don’t see where it would go. The abs cable for the front only has a single cable tie that you remove.

Looks like a jack clip to hold the metal bar against the side

View attachment 14028

Look by yellow padlock...

Looks like a jack clip to hold the metal bar against the side

View attachment 14028

Look by yellow padlock...
Thanks, it’s too small for that.

The ABS sensor on the front wheel is cable tied to the brake line so it’s not that. It’s such a small and thin clip, and it looks brand new so I’m thinking now that it didn’t come from the bike.

I ve found exactly same clip few month ago on the floor in my garage. Thought it came from my previous bike (yamaha ). So it seems this clip is coming from to r18B. I will ask my bmw dealer.

How about internal to the brake caliper..? I haven't had to swap my brake pads to date, so I've never inspected the internal workings of the brake calipers.

See the below image; it's hard to see, but it looks like some sort of cotter PIN:

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 12.53.11 PM.png

How about internal to the brake caliper..? I haven't had to swap my brake pads to date, so I've never inspected the internal workings of the brake calipers.

See the below image; it's hard to see, but it looks like some sort of cotter PIN:

View attachment 14070
Disregard my last.... I just went BACk out to my bike, in order to compare notes; the cotter pin within the caliper looks different than what fleabag originally posted..

Disregard my last.... I just went BACk out to my bike, in order to compare notes; the cotter pin within the caliper looks different than what fleabag originally posted..
All I did, just like any other wheel removal was to remove the two bolts holding the caliper and set it aside. If it was from inside the caliper it would mean that it was assembled wrong at the factory. Once again, thanks for checking. You went above and beyond 🙃

Back