Is it possible to reset service warning

Do you have any Idea how much that will cost for me as a Mac user. I need a new phone the link and the app
I posted this on April 16th :

I found a solution the the GS-911 dilemma: Just walk away from it and find another way. For just a little more than what a dealer charges for an hour's labor PLUS with the added benefit of not having to go through the hassle of visiting the service department to have your service light reset here's all you have to do:

Buy the "OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows" (from Amazon for $99.95) and download the MOTOSCAN app (free) from Google play. There's an in-app purchase to upgrade to the "Pro" version that costs a little less than thirty bucks (you need the "Pro" version to reset your service light - found in the dashboard menu). The only downside is the app is Android only. I have a Samsung tablet that has no data connectivity but connects to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth so I used the Wi-Fi to load the apps and the Bluetooth to reset my service light. Was easy to use, worked like a champ, and when I use it again next service it will have more than paid for itself. What aggravated me with the GS-911 crew was after talking with them and getting NO INDICATION of when they would support the R18 I found that Motoscan had updated their app to include the R18 in January of 2021. So now I have both units!!! We can talk about which one is better (perhaps like an electronic "oil thread") but the bottom line to me when I'm tasked with something is to "get 'er done" and it's done!! THANK YOU MOTOSCAN

I found a solution the the GS-911 dilemma: Just walk away from it and find another way. For just a little more than what a dealer charges for an hour's labor PLUS with the added benefit of not having to go through the hassle of visiting the service department to have your service light reset here's all you have to do:

Buy the "OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows" (from Amazon for $99.95) and download the MOTOSCAN app (free) from Google play. There's an in-app purchase to upgrade to the "Pro" version that costs a little less than thirty bucks (you need the "Pro" version to reset your service light - found in the dashboard menu). The only downside is the app is Android only. I have a Samsung tablet that has no data connectivity but connects to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth so I used the Wi-Fi to load the apps and the Bluetooth to reset my service light. Was easy to use, worked like a champ, and when I use it again next service it will have more than paid for itself. What aggravated me with the GS-911 crew was after talking with them and getting NO INDICATION of when they would support the R18 I found that Motoscan had updated their app to include the R18 in January of 2021. So now I have both units!!! We can talk about which one is better (perhaps like an electronic "oil thread") but the bottom line to me when I'm tasked with something is to "get 'er done" and it's done!! THANK YOU MOTOSCAN
I just ordered one of these. I had a the OBDLink MX Wi-Fi version that is now discontinued. It had connectivity problems so it's time to upgrade. When it connected I used it on my Chevy Volt to check battery condition & other EV functions. Thanks Gaylord Poe!

The MOTOSCAN app (Pro version) is pretty cool too . Tailor made for BMW motorcycles. You'll find the reset service light in the Dashboard menu. The screen has a completely different look from the Hexcode GS-911 but was easily navigated!

The OBDlink LX should work as well as the MX+ for this purpose. It costs $50 as opposed to $100 for the MX+.

An add here: if you are past your service date, make sure to move your menu with the toggle switch from the warning or it will not reset. I had some bluetooth issues with the $50 android tablet I had to buy to run motoscan but with all in $125 to have a tool as good as the GS-911 with a nice tablet interface is a good thing

The OBDlink LX should work as well as the MX+ for this purpose. It costs $50 as opposed to $100 for the MX+.
I tried using the LX version and it wouldn’t connect To the R18. I just realized it may be due to the fact that I was using the “OBDLink” app and not the Motoscan pro which I will try shortly.

Last edited:
I just reset my service warning today. I used the OBDLink MX+ & Motoscan with the Untimate license. From what I understand the you have to purchase the Pro license as a minimum to do the reset. The free software will not do it.

I just reset my service warning today. I used the OBDLink MX+ & Motoscan with the Untimate license. From what I understand the you have to purchase the Pro license as a minimum to do the reset. The free software will not do it.
I just bought the obdlink mx+, but im having problem with…. Obdlink is not seeing my motorcycle. My phone is connected to the obdlink bia bluetooth but obdlink can’t see the motorcycle… any advise?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 30C358C1-2E21-451E-9C89-43CDE3462BEB.png
    30C358C1-2E21-451E-9C89-43CDE3462BEB.png
    457.7 KB · Views: 26
  • B11A212C-5493-4F63-B7BB-CF893C1438F5.png
    B11A212C-5493-4F63-B7BB-CF893C1438F5.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
I just bought the obdlink mx+, but im having problem with…. Obdlink is not seeing my motorcycle. My phone is connected to the obdlink bia bluetooth but obdlink can’t see the motorcycle… any advise?

Thanks!
You are halfway there. Download Motoscan free app to your phone, upgrade the Motoscan app to Pro version somewhere around $30 (Pro version will let you reset the service light).

While the Obdlink is sync with the phone like you had it, now open Motoscan app Pro from your phone, from Motoscan Pro app select R series -->, R18 -->, K35 (Bagger) -->, Instrument Cluster -->, Servive Reset, from here you can reset it by date/miles. See sample from this video link

You are halfway there. Download Motoscan free app to your phone, upgrade the Motoscan app to Pro version somewhere around $30 (Pro version will let you reset the service light).

While the Obdlink is sync with the phone like you had it, now open Motoscan app Pro from your phone, from Motoscan Pro app select R series -->, R18 -->, K35 (Bagger) -->, Instrument Cluster -->, Servive Reset, from here you can reset it by date/miles. See sample from this video link
Thanks for posting the Vid ... can I assume that will work for the FE as well? ... sans the fancy display ;)

Back