Is crome covered by 3 year warranty?

Jason-Malibu-R18

Site Supporter
Forgive my ignorance, but I bought a great used bargain - 2021 First Edition and love it. However, the Warranty expires in 7 days! Crome is 'bubbling' or peeling in a few places. Does anyone know if this is covered?

I would say yes so get to your dealer ASAP, get your claim officially logged. Then at least if there is a ‘bun fight’ you are not time barred from the outset. They may legitimately try to argue wear & tear or whatever, don’t know, but it’s worth a go. This winter (England) has been terrible for condensation in the garage and numerous times my bikes been left soaking wet from temp changes overnight. It’s been a right PITA. Drying off, applying anti corrosion sprays, airing the garage, again, and again and again. They do need some looking after to keep nice.

Last edited:
I would say yes so get to your dealer ASAP, get your claim officially logged. Then at least if there is a ‘bun fight’ you are not time barred from the outset. They may legitimately try to argue wear & tear or whatever, don’t know, but it’s worth a go. This winter (England) has been terrible for condensation in the garage and numerous times my bikes been left soaking wet from temp changes overnight. It’s been a right PITA. Drying off, applying anti corrosion sprays, airing the garage, again, and again and again. They do need some looking after to keep nice.
Thanks Rufus! Really appreciate the advice. Will jump on it today and update the thread in due course

Forgive my ignorance, but I bought a great used bargain - 2021 First Edition and love it. However, the Warranty expires in 7 days! Crome is 'bubbling' or peeling in a few places. Does anyone know if this is covered?
I don't know the answer to your question, but could you be specific about where the chrome is coming off? I'm surprised you are seeing this so early. Makes me wonder if the previous owner left it sit outside for 3 years straight.

Back