Inner tubes

Frenchie

May the fleas of a thousand camels infect the eejit who is responsible for supply chain in Mexico.

2 month wait so far.. ETA mid February...

Just not good enough..

WTF??? no way .. have you tried any of these? Drag Specialties or Tucker or Motorcycle Super Store (aka JP ) (click the words for the link) there is no way that there is no tube for your bike available .. our tires are not that unusual of a size !!
I've been everywhere, promised shipments from US failed to turn up, (stolen obv). BMW and HD don't actually have any despite them showing up in stock on their computers.

Try the links I posted ... your local dealership should be able to get one from them .. or some of them let you order directly ... I wish you much luck ... this situation bites!!!

[email protected]

Dear Sirs

It pains me to write to you concerning the lack of any kind of reasonable service in Mexico.

I will come straight to the point.

I purchased a R18 first edition from Jürgen Motors Guadalajara Mexico in November 22, later that month I had a rear puncture. The bike was picked up and diagnosed needing a new inner tube. The bike is at the dealership.

To date I am still waiting for the inner tube replacement. A USD30 service item not in stock anywhere in Mexico… Jürgen Motors blame you guys at head office. (Over 2 months for a service item and counting).

So I have not had use of a luxury motorcycle but have now lost 2 months comprehensive insurance and the clock is still ticking.

For a multi billion dollar brand this is appalling, I run a service company and we would lose all our clients in a heartbeat if we behaved this way.

I am the target demographic (60 y/o professional male) and quite frankly deserve better service than this especially as we pay a 20% luxury tax on these vehicles.

So what is your view of this? What do you think would be reasonable recompense?

Regards

Jean-Paul Ciantar

Chairman

Aguagente SAPI de CV

They did reply but now starts the 'pass the buck' loop:

Dear Mr. Ciantar,

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your efforts to direct your request to us.

We have forwarded your e-mail to the relevant subsidiary, BMW Mexico, for further processing. You will be contacted as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
--
BMW Motorrad Direct
80788 München

Mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.bmw-motorrad.com
----------------------------------------------------------------
Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Vorstand/Board of Management: Oliver Zipse (Vorsitzender/Chairman),
Ilka Horstmeier, Milan Nedeljkovic, Pieter Nota,
Nicolas Peter, Joachim Post, Frank Weber.
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Norbert Reithofer
Sitz und Registergericht/Domicile and Court of Registry: München HRB 42243
----------------------------------------------------------------

My reply back:

Hi

The whole point in writing to Germany Head Office is that Mexico couldn’t care less so redirecting me back to the relevant subsidiary in Mexico will end nowhere..

Regards

JP

Hi Frenchie, I also had the misfortune to have a rear wheel puncture on my 2 month old R18, several miles from home……..not only did Bmw assist fail to respond to my pleas of help ( I had to get the bike to the dealer on my own) I had to wait 2 weeks for an inner tube to be procured by Bmw.
Post complaining to Bmw and the dealer re piss poor and totally unacceptable service, they agreed their service didn’t hit the mark. In the end I received a £750 payment to keep me sweet.
I wish you luck

Hi Frenchie, I also had the misfortune to have a rear wheel puncture on my 2 month old R18, several miles from home……..not only did Bmw assist fail to respond to my pleas of help ( I had to get the bike to the dealer on my own) I had to wait 2 weeks for an inner tube to be procured by Bmw.
Post complaining to Bmw and the dealer re piss poor and totally unacceptable service, they agreed their service didn’t hit the mark. In the end I received a £750 payment to keep me sweet.
I wish you luck
Thanks Alf, I have just heard from BMW Mexico:

Buenas noches Sr Jean Paul Ciantar,

Mi nombre es Ian Belmares de la oficina regional de Mexico.
Con gusto permítame buscar una solución lo antes posible, para ello espero pueda ayudarme con el número de chasis de su R18. Con este dato revisare el pedido que realizó el distribuidor, su estatus / disponibilidad y sobre eso buscar alternativas.

Le pedimos una disculpa por el tiempo de espera y quedo atento a su respuesta para poder ayudarle.

Saludos y muchas gracias.

Ian Belmares
Customer Care & Retail Development.
BMW Motorrad

Google translation:
Good evening Mr Jean Paul Ciantar,

My name is Ian Belmares from the Mexico regional office.
Please allow me to find a solution as soon as possible, for this I hope he can help me with the chassis number of his R18. With this information, I will review the order made by the distributor, its status / availability and, based on that, look for alternatives.

We apologize for the waiting time and I look forward to your response in order to help you.

Greetings and thank you very much.

Ian Belmares
Customer Care & Retail Development.
bmw motorrad

My reply:
Estimado Sr Belmares,

Gracias por su pronta respuesta.

Adjunto una foto de la copia de la factura en la cual encontrará los datos de la moto.

Jürgen Motors me dice que la falta de cámaras es por decisión de la oficina central y el pedido debe de llegar a la mitad de Febrero.

Porque ha tardado esto tanto tiempo? He perdido 2 meses del seguro de la moto y del uso de una moto que se deprecia altamente sentada en su distribuidor por un elemento de servicio de un valor no mayor a US$30.

El que Ud me repita lo mismo que ya me dijeron aquí, sobre revisar el pedido del distribuidor no es lo que busco. Quiero saber como van a recompensar la perdida de uso y del seguro de la moto por lo que será 3 meses, 25% del año. Mi seguro es con BMW Motorrad.

Saludos den cliente bastante infeliz.

Google translation:

Dear Mr. Belmares,

Thanks for his prompt response.

I attach a photo of the copy of the invoice in which you will find the motorcycle data.

Jürgen Motors tells me that the lack of inner tubes is a decision of the head office and the order should arrive in mid-February.

Why has this taken so long? I have lost 2 months of motorcycle insurance and the use of a highly depreciating motorcycle sitting at your dealer for a service item worth no more than US$30.

The fact that you repeat the same thing that they already told me here, about reviewing the distributor's order, is not what I am looking for. I want to know how they are going to compensate the loss of use and insurance of the motorcycle for what will be 3 months, 25% of the year. My insurance is with BMW Motorrad.

Greetings from a very unhappy customer.

Unfortunately I doubt I will be offered anything close to what Alf received... Let's see...

Anybody tried sealing up their spokes and go tubeless yet? For example something like the outex kits?
I know guy that did that to his HD ... he likes it , I was always a bit hesitant because of re-tightening spokes ... but then honestly ... how often do I really do that ... I may start thinking about it.

I know guy that did that to his HD ... he likes it , I was always a bit hesitant because of re-tightening spokes ... but then honestly ... how often do I really do that ... I may start thinking about it.
I asked BMW Guadalajara to do that for me, they point blank refused.

Agreed on the retightning spokes part, but if you do end up needing to adjust, you can can remove the seal to adjust and then redo them again. I've not sealed up any rims myself yet but friends have and with great results. The outex kit seems to be pretty popular. I will be using the outex to seal my africa twin and my royal enfield when I'm due for new tires. I was going to do my first r18 but I sold it before needing tires. My new r18 are mags so thankfully their tubeless. I have a 2016 moto guzzi with factory sealed spoke rims and they never leak down. Also had a kings mountain era Indian(not polaris era) with factory sealed tubeless rims and they never leaked either. Kinda makes me wonder if they (factory) do anything differant or extra than the aftermarket kits available 🤔

So finally I got my bike back, not without a few hiccups to navigate but we got there.
The inner tube arrived a week ago, BMW extended my warranty in writing for the period off the road, 74 days and gave me MX$7,500 vouchers on BMW service or stuff. So fairish play they stepped up.

Now the not so good stuff, last Thursday I picked the bike up (remember they changed the clock under warranty also) and proceeded home, within 400 m I noticed that the bike was accelerating with no gas.. I managed to clutch in time to avoid running a red light and promptly went back to BMW.

Today I got the call that it was fixed, an air-tube had worked itself loose. (How that causes overrunning I don't know...)
Bike home at last went for a bit of a run to reacquaint myself, I had been riding the wife's Indian meantime.

So now looking forward to putting some miles on her.

My saddle is being made in Scotland at: https://www.tom-hurley.com/

Can't wait...

Spend some money and buy the BMW cast wheels. Get as far away as possible from the stupid spoked wheels which will eventually get you stranded.
You won't regret it.

Back