Importing Transcontinental from Canada into the US?

I’ve talked to my local BMW dealer here in Calgary and he told me that it’s virtually impossible to import a BMW motorcycle from Canada into the USA because the Canadian bikes don’t have epa stickers on them and the BMW company will not issue Letters of Comformity. Their way of enforcing protectionism of their product. Sure enough, I checked my wife’s 2017 R1200RS and my 2018 K1600B, and neither had EPA stickers that I could find. But lo and behold, I’ve found one on my 2022 R18 Transcontinental. I’m hoping that this means I’m able to bring it down to the USA with me. Going to have to sell the other 3 BMW’s, but this is the one I really love driving and was really wanting to import. I’ll contact my guy at the dealership tomorrow and run it by him. Took a picture of the sticker but it’s in a difficult spot to get a good pic of it (front fork, left side).
IMG_9192.jpeg

That's interesting. I see car dealers in the Pacific North West advertise car deliveries for both sides of the border to include cars on the US side that were originally from Canada and a Moto Guzzi dealer in Seattle that had been around "forever" (closed just a few years ago) made routine sales with assistance with Customs paperwork as well. I'd simply contact Customs and see what they say rather the dealer's assessment and certainly the compliance sticker you found has to help.

Good luck and please let us know how this pans out!

🍻 🍻

Back