I did the thing…

6AC7B563-8F88-464B-9F4C-67835B2B5A93.jpeg
Hey guys, new here from South Carolina. So I did the thing yesterday and picked up the R18B that was on my mind for months. Road this home from the Charlotte dealer and WHAT A RIDE. Even at 40 degrees temps it was incredible. Lots of negativity on YouTube about these bikes but that’s a load of you know what…
Completely satisfied with my purchase…still trying to see what all it can do, I keep learning new stuff lol 😎

View attachment 8841
Hey guys, new here from South Carolina. So I did the thing yesterday and picked up the R18B that was on my mind for months. Road this home from the Charlotte dealer and WHAT A RIDE. Even at 40 degrees temps it was incredible. Lots of negativity on YouTube about these bikes but that’s a load of you know what…
Completely satisfied with my purchase…still trying to see what all it can do, I keep learning new stuff lol 😎
Congrats on your new R18B! Cool bike!! I finally got my R18 719 a week ago w/o even a test drive. In fact I’ve never even seen an R18 in person until received mine in Sun City HiltonHead. I ordered it from Gateway BMW in St Louis. Check out my new fishtail design!! Now I need to switch my Harley gear to BMW😄

Attachments

• 6382E888-ADFE-48B8-8E40-1A75E0B948AF.jpeg
    6382E888-ADFE-48B8-8E40-1A75E0B948AF.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 39
Congrats on your new R18B! Cool bike!! I finally got my R18 719 a week ago w/o even a test drive. In fact I’ve never even seen an R18 in person until received mine in Sun City HiltonHead. I ordered it from Gateway BMW in St Louis. Check out my new fishtail design!! Now I need to switch my Harley gear to BMW😄
Very nice! I managed to get some r18 tshirts and other goodies on the house at pickup 🤣 I do want me a nice bmw riding jacket though.

Is that factory mufflers or did you have them custom made?

Is that factory mufflers or did you have them custom made?
Yes, it is the factory muffler. I customized it by cutting a downward curve which mirrors the curve of the muffler. I was concerned it might be too loud but it’s not. It now has a slightly deep tone. I still need to cap the ends with pieces from the fish tail tips.

View attachment 8841
Myrtle Beach TC owner here!

Hey Myrtle Beach! Are you enjoying your beach rides!! Sun City HiltonHead tourist drivers here are dangerous😬
Yeah! I'm actually in North Myrtle. Riding on Hwy 17 is still an exercise in anal pucker management, but there are nice alternate routes to get to the biker bars we frequent.

View attachment 8841
That's the spirit! There's negativity in all kinds of areas in life but we have to choose to ignore a lot of it.
You are absolutely right -- WHAT A RIDE!

Yes, it is the factory muffler. I customized it by cutting a downward curve which mirrors the curve of the muffler. I was concerned it might be too loud but it’s not. It now has a slightly deep tone. I still need to cap the ends with pieces from the fish tail tips.
That will be quite a unique look. Is it possible to download videos on this sit as I would love to hear it.

That will be quite a unique look. Is it possible to download videos on this sit as I would love to hear it.
Allow me to finish the project by mig welding the caps on or find someone that can tig weld for a cleaner finish. I will video the sound for the forum before locking the flappers open. The flapper project should add an even deeper tone at idle.

Allow me to finish the project by mig welding the caps on or find someone that can tig weld for a cleaner finish. I will video the sound for the forum before locking the flappers open. The flapper project should add an even deeper tone at idle.
My apologies Goatie. In my excitement on making improvements on my bike, I disconnected my flapper valves w/o completing the fishtail caps and doing the after sound video for you. I’ll send the after sound video w/o the caps.

Oops! Too large

Back