howdy from T town Ohio

joe

Toledo my friend, best kept secret in the Midwest. Bought my R18 in St. Louis MO, great shop talk to Jon if you call/go there. V happy with bike. (except for torture device they call a stock seat) We can now finally get rid of water boarding. So, I got the cross country seat and absolutely love it. retired and love taking long rides through this GRREAT country of ours.

what's the longest trip you've done with r18? I had a Yama Raider SCL that had a GREAT stock seat. Longer the ride, more comfy it got.

Welcome and congratulations!

My longest day in the stock R18 Classic seat was approximately 450 miles riding through parts of NC, VA and WV. It was a great, but long day and by 300 miles or so my arse's fun meter was about maxed out. A majority of my day rides are 200-300 miles of mostly twisty mountain roads and in those riding conditions I shift around quite a bit which helps with hot spots as well as wearing padded motorcycle/bicycle riding shorts. I take very few breaks and obviously average speeds are lower than if on a trip using a bunch of Interstate miles to reach an area so I would say for me 300ish miles or 8 +/- hours in the stock saddle would see me glad to wrap things up for the day.

Back