Hello from Ohio

mkurup

Hello everyone,
I just bought a 2022 R18 Base model and it is being delivered next week. I have had dozens of bikes, even a 1600 touring BMW in the past. I have always wanted a Boxer to ride on the two lanes around home. I ride a 2020 Road Glide Special for touring, so a large unfaired naked bike will be a nice change once in a while. I look forward to learning a lot from all of you!

Mohan

Welcome Sir, sure we can help ask away. Love to see a picture of your new ride when it’s delivered.

Beautiful, love the red. Looks like you have the opportunity to run a BMW 1800 next to HD 114. Both are beautiful engines. Happy for you. You must start your rides like the story of the dog with two bones going in circles because he can't make up his mind. That is why I have only one bike at a time. I would go crazy.

I love the red, do you plan to add pinstripes?
I think I like it plain and simple, a contrast to the Road Glide. The only thing I have ordered is a Corbin heated Classic solo. I am going to ride it for a while and see if I feel the need for anything else. I like windshields, but like the way it looks without one. Since I plan to mostly do backroads and speeds of 50 or less, it may not be needed...

If you do decide you want a windshield, consider this one. It is the one I have now after trying some others. You will most likely want the Memphis Shade lowers to compliment the windshield to have a nice quiet pilot envelope.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2550016819...D2lIuVPQxG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Yes, I was looking at the Madstad and the Puig. I prefer the looks of the Puig, but I wonder if the memphis lowers will work on my bike. The forks look thinner than other models because the base doesn't have the same fork shroud as other models...

Yes, I was looking at the Madstad and the Puig. I prefer the looks of the Puig, but I wonder if the memphis lowers will work on my bike. The forks look thinner than other models because the base doesn't have the same fork shroud as other models...
You are right, I just looked at your bike, your forks are very different. My guess is they will work because the clamp is adjustable and I used the largest setting.

Well this is disappointing...Puig sent me the windshield and two right brackets, no left ...but no other hardware. What a let down...
Just ordered the Madstad with lowers....

Last edited:
Well this is disappointing...Puig sent me the windshield and two right brackets, no left ...but no other hardware. What a let down...
Just ordered the Madstad with lowers....
That sucks, sorry that happened to you. I hope you will share a pictures as you do the installation

Back