Hello from GA

hxd148

Hello to everyone! Prospective new buyer of an R18B here looking for some advice from a forum of owners. I currently ride a Triumph Bonneville T120, and it's been a great bike, but I'm looking for something a bit more comfortable for two-up.

There is a 2022 R18B first edition used with approx 3k miles near me that I've been offered for about 19,500 OTD, is that a pretty good deal?

I'm new to the BMW world and I always like to check in with owners to see if there are any issues or things to look out for prior to jumping in.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome! Your Bonnie is a great bike and I've enjoyed Triumphs since the early 70s with my last one being a new 2006 Bonnie that I enjoyed for several years. My good riding friend has a Speed Twin and the 120 bikes are a sweet ride indeed (y)

The good or bad of the R18 pricing is well covered in several threads on the site with the bottom line being it is a buyers market beyond any doubt. These are such fantastic motorcycles and I think you will be beyond happy with the ride they provide in both fit, finish, comfort and performance. (I've ridden mine around a good bit of the lower 48 with approximately 15,000 miles and it has run flawlessly). That price is very fair, but I know my local BMW dealers in Asheville and Charlotte had R18B "demo" bikes listed$18,000.00-$19,000.00 range, with four months payments and .09% interest rates for 5 years being sponsored by BMW financial. Asheville sold their's the other day, but I see Charlotte still has one listed as others may too if you search on-line. The BMW "offers" officially ended today (06-30-23) as part of their Spring specials, but the R18s seem to be on the incentive list often so I would check their website to see what the Summer offerings may be and certainly call Charlotte or other shops that may have inventory. There should not be any phuckery on out the door pricing as BMW includes shipping and prep on their build sheets (for reference look at Asheville Eurosports inventory and you can see the "build sheet"). Some dealers are more upfront than others so if you can't get clear pricing it's worth looking elsewhere as our Region has many good shops. In general BMW is very good with test rides if they have the inventory and check the listings on here as a couple members have bikes offered in all models at very good pricing too.

Good luck!

Welcome. The R18B will feel a more substantial bike under you with a lot more road presence. In pure performance terms even though the engines much bigger there’s probably not much in it due to the extra weight. Big bikes swallow pillions though and the low seat height is very welcome. You don’t say whether you’ve ridden one yet, I would encourage a decent test ride before jumping in because it’s a bike that has character/quirks. This forum is really good, whatever questions you have will be discussed on here somewhere. Hit the search button! I love mine btw.

Thanks for the info! I will definitely check out those demo bikes in Charlotte, that sounds like a better deal . Hopefully the financing from BMW carries over into the summer!

I haven't ridden one yet, we don't have a dealer close by unfortunately. I for sure plan on taking one out for a ride prior to purchasing however.

Ideally, I'd like a bike me and the wife can take for a weekend trip. The T120 is a great bike for just me, but with both of us it's a but on the small side.

Welcome. The R18B will feel a more substantial bike under you with a lot more road presence. In pure performance terms even though the engines much bigger there’s probably not much in it due to the extra weight. Big bikes swallow pillions though and the low seat height is very welcome. You don’t say whether you’ve ridden one yet, I would encourage a decent test ride before jumping in because it’s a bike that has character/quirks. This forum is really good, whatever questions you have will be discussed on here somewhere. Hit the search button! I love

This is a good point. The HD forums are a bit like a cult. You cannot make mistakes. This forum is much more civilized, almost white collar). The R18 is an outstanding bike, and the same goes for riders in my opinion.

I saw online that they are offering 0.9 APR on 2023 models + 4 months payments until 8/31. Happy they ended up continuing the deals through the summer!

Back