• Welcome to the BMW R18 Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.

Header Wrap

• <i class="fa--xf fal fa-check "><svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" role="img" aria-hidden="true" ><use href="/data/local/icons/light.svg?v=1721426549#check"></use></svg></i> Discussion starter Discussion starter triller
  • Start date Start date

triller

Bike
R18
Hello, I would like to know if there is any problem with wrapping the header of my R18, thanks for the help

I’ve seen it done on other R18’s. Thinking about it myself.

Thanks for your answer, the thing is that I have read a lot that it can damage the catalytic converter, that it can create rust, etc.

Thanks for your answer, the thing is that I have read a lot that it can damage the catalytic converter, that it can create rust, etc.
I suspect those are in extremes. If the bike is not kept outside and the exhaust is first of all prepped with a high temperature silicone, it should be OK. The original purpose of wrapping manifolds was to keep the exhaust gases hot until they had escaped. I would be surprised Olof temperature could reach that required to cause damage to catalyst unless you live in a very hot climate or ride the bike extremely hard, all the time.

Thanks again for the response, that is an important detail, I live in Miami, FL and I drive relatively hard, that now worries me even more 😩

Thanks again for the response, that is an important detail, I live in Miami, FL and I drive relatively hard, that now worries me even more 😩
Best you don’t wrap your exhaust then. If you are going to ride around with concerns, not worth it for aesthetic's. 😊

Which shade did you go for? Fancy the bronze myself. Or perhaps the light grey

Back