Galfer Clutch and Brake Lines

R18 100

Site Supporter
Does anyone have experience with ordering custom lines? There are quite a few bend and curve options for banjo bolts.
1) The R18 would use the 10mm size I would assume?
2) The stock banjo bolts are domed with Torx fitting, but hex head from Galfer should be okay, right?
3) My guess is the length is measured from where the circular fitting is crimped to the lines?

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience with ordering custom lines? There are quite a few bend and curve options for banjo bolts.
1) The R18 would use the 10mm size I would assume?
2) The stock banjo bolts are domed with Torx fitting, but hex head from Galfer should be okay, right?
3) My guess is the length is measured from where banjo bolt threads in on both ends?
In my experience from other bikes, you would use the same 'bolt' anyway with the new line ... any line I have bought so far (aftermarket) never came with the 'bolt' ... but I have never bought from 'Galfer' ... this said, I did buy some really nice replacement brake and clutch lines for my 1200C from these guys www.euromotoelectrics.com ... I have no idea if they make them for the R18 as well ... might be worth giving them a call.
Just my 2¢ ;)

I currently have the BMW “King Ape Hangers” on my R18. They are better for me but are unfortunately quite wide.
(My hands are nearly 40 inches apart)
So I bought a set of ape hangers that were stock on the R1200C. They were known as “police bars” back in the day.

To mount the police bars I simply need to drill a small hole where the handgrip screw is required, then purchase a set of lines from Galfer, VenHill, or other.

Back