Front Wheel Noise

I have noticed on smooth blacktop roads it very unnoticeable where a not so smooth paved road hums more? It's really no big issue for me, turn the radio up louder, that works for me, LOL.

I had the hum driving my brand new bike out of the dealer. Kind of comes and goes. Most prominent when letting off throttle. It’s louder than the bike at times. The bike I tested had 2,000 miles and no sounds. My RnineT and my K1300S are without odd sounds.
Quite disappointed with the noise but love the bike. Dealer said they would address at 600 mile service but this discussion does not give me much hope of that
Don't have much expectation from the dealership.

I also complained about this at the 600 mile service. They said it's normal.

I notice the noise varies from different types of pavement. louder on more course, rough pavement.

I have noticed on smooth blacktop roads it very unnoticeable where a not so smooth paved road hums more? It's really no big issue for me, turn the radio up louder, that works for me, LOL.
I've noticed the same thing... I've only heard it on one road that is always pretty rough... Especially after the winter season

The noise is coming from the resonance of the metallic shock covers; they are metal and if you knock on them, they ring like a bell.

Maybe you can tuck some felt pieces up and in between the cover and shock, in order to reduce the resonance ringing.

Are you sure? Because i checked them, and i even took the fender off, coated the underside in bedliner.. and it still makes noise... The shock covers on mine don't sound to "tinny"

The noise is coming from the resonance of the metallic shock covers; they are metal and if you knock on them, they ring like a bell.

Maybe you can tuck some felt pieces up and in between the cover and shock, in order to reduce the resonance ringing.
That may be the reason that they call them 'Cow Bells' on the FLH 😁

Back