Freedom 4.5" Exhaust

I'm seriously thinking of doing this myself.
Questions: How difficult was it to install?
Did you notice any performance deltas vs. stock? Have you done any other mods?
Thanks!

If these Freedom Performance pipes fit the Classic, would they fit the entire R18 family? Are the header pipes the same across all models?

I was not happy with the noise level of the factory pipes. Really enjoying this upgrade!

Freedom 4.5in exhaust with BugBike no cat headers. I love the sound and the compliments I get associated with it. Freedom Performance exhaust with their tips were too short to me. Added some chrome diesel truck exhaust tips to extend the past the saddle bags.

Attachments

• IMG_20220811_131623430_HDR_2 (1).jpg
    IMG_20220811_131623430_HDR_2 (1).jpg
    968.8 KB · Views: 70
I have put Cobras or Vance and Hines on just about every bike I own except for my current HD RoadGlide Special and of course the beloved R18TC. This is partly due to age. When you reach 60 years, the awesome sound doesn't mean as much as it used to.
That said.....those Freedom pipes sounded great. Might have to look into this.

I have put Cobras or Vance and Hines on just about every bike I own except for my current HD RoadGlide Special and of course the beloved R18TC. This is partly due to age. When you reach 60 years, the awesome sound doesn't mean as much as it used to.
That said.....those Freedom pipes sounded great. Might have to look into this.
The Classic with stock pipes, with the Brentune and DNA stage 2 upgrades definetly improves the sound of the bike...I am thinking this exhaust may be too loud. Although, I do like the idea of even more power.

If these Freedom Performance pipes fit the Classic, would they fit the entire R18 family? Are the header pipes the same across all models?
Seems to be the same ... but be aware that if you have a first like me, you will need these covers/shields

R18 shield.jpg

btw. I love mine .. I tried the 'quiet' baffles .. but they really cut into the performance ... and the 'standard' ones sound just THAT good !

Edit: .. to include, IMO it is a good idea to paint the baffles with some heat resistant paint (I used stove pipe black) because the moisture from the catalytic converters really makes them rust very quickly and then it looks really ugly when you look into them ..

Last edited:
Seems to be the same ... but be aware that if you have a first like me, you will need these covers/shields

View attachment 6590

btw. I love mine .. I tried the 'quiet' baffles .. but they really cut into the performance ... and the 'standard' ones sound just THAT good !

Edit: .. to include, IMO it is a good idea to paint the baffles with some heat resistant paint (I used stove pipe black) because the moisture from the catalytic converters really makes them rust very quickly and then it looks really ugly when you look into them ..
The Freedom Perfomance doesn’t come with those deflectors?

The Freedom Perfomance doesn’t come with those deflectors?
Mine didn't .. at least that is what the dealership said ... but then I didn't order them myself, the dealer did .. it was part of the deal/package I made with him when I bought the bike . so better call them and ask IMO

Just for reference and maybe price,the Freedom 4 1/2 inch mufflers are just their 4 inch mufflers with covers over the last foot or so of the muffler.

Back