Exhaust for the Roctane that maintains the dark chrome?

avalys

I just bought an R18 Roctane. My first cruiser style bike - and I'm really enjoying it!

I probably wouldn't have bought it if it didn't look so damn cool. However, it is so quiet that I can't hear it at all with earplugs in. I see a few aftermarket exhausts available, but none that maintain the polished dark chrome of the headers.

What's the best option for getting some more volume but maintaining the factory look, at least at the headers?

Maybe try eliminating the Servo Module and associated control cables; purchase and install two Servo Buddy modules, this will suppress any errors fault codes associated with Servo Module being removed.

The exhaust gate will remain in the OPEN state, perhaps adding additional sound to the exhaust, while maintaining that amazing "smoked" grey color of the ROCTANE exhaust...

The above suggestion could be Step 1., if you still want more sound; perhaps, you can modify your existing exhaust with some professional help - some other forum members have modified the fish tail exhaust in order to maintain the classic look of the OEM exhaust...

I'm not sure what the process would be to have an aftermarket chrome exhaust system chromed in the matching color of the OEM ROCTANE color.

I made the stock roctane exhaust free-flowing by drilling out the baffle caps using a 1.25" hole saw...look into the tail pipes and you'll see the caps to be drilled out... sounds more throaty and flows much better, even idles smoother... best part is keeping the nice looking dark chrome pipes.

It's the Harley syndrome....my comfort zone is the ride and looks of this piece of art...not the noise. But to each his/her own. In my case, maybe it is age related??

1911tex i see your point but this exhaust mod makes the sound only slightly louder than stock, nowhere near as loud as a full exhaust system with cats removed.

I made the stock roctane exhaust free-flowing by drilling out the baffle caps using a 1.25" hole saw...look into the tail pipes and you'll see the caps to be drilled out... sounds more throaty and flows much better, even idles smoother... best part is keeping the nice looking dark chrome pipes.
I love the blued color of the ROCTANE exhaust system..

Back