Cylinder Head Cover Trim Set PN 77 12 2 469 285

Adan

Received an installed the fancy, and pricey, Cylinder Head Cover Trim Set from BMW because the huge chrome jugs just seem unfinished to me without it and didn't want to wait for other aftermarket alternatives, which I am sure will be available in the coming years.

Very happy with the look, but puzzled by one 3" clear circular adhesive patch that came with the kit; can't figure out why it's included or where it would be intended to be applied.... any thoughts?

RSD.jpg

RSD2.jpg

Needless to say, my even more expensive replacement rocker covers didn't have an extra adhesive patch.
They should have came with Preparation H, to help ease the pain of the procurement process.
Still... they look GREAT.

Needless to say, my even more expensive replacement rocker covers didn't have an extra adhesive patch.
They should have came with Preparation H, to help ease the pain of the procurement process.
Still... they look GREAT.
...you keep on telling us. It either needs to be blacked-out or chrome, IMHO. Your black engine protection/crash bars and black cylinder head covers seem to defeat the objective set by even more chrome provided on the First Edition. But I do appreciate - different strokes for different folks.

Has anyone ever worked out what the clear self adhesive circles (like paint protection film) supplied with the fixings are for? They don’t feature in the installation instructions on the Motorrad website for the cylinder head trims and only one is provided. There was also just the one provided with the front engine cover trim.
Phoned the dealer who supplied the trims to see if the workshop fitting instructions might shed any light but apparently not.
IMG_4631.jpeg

Could it be that they are to protect the chrome under the new Roland Sands trims, should you ever decide to go back to stock? Not sure if the new trims rub and mark the original chrome covers.

I think they are used if the items are placed on display at the BMW dealer. The same ones were included with all of the RSD parts I got. Bar ends, levers, mirrors, breast plate, valve covers and rear brake cover.

Back