Bull horn handle bars

I have R18 Pure and want to change the rotation of my wrists. I get a numbness in my right upper rhomboid muscle. If you get it you know what its like. The only bike I did not suffer from this was an 1100 virago that I rode for 840km, about 8hrs.The only way I can describe those bars were Bullhorn. Maybe also known as Buckhorn.
Has anyone fitted these to your bike, if so what brand and any difficulties.
Thanks

Last edited:
I have R18 Pure and want to change the rotation of my wrists. I get a numbness in my right upper rhomboid muscle. If you get it you know what its like. The only bike I did not suffer from this was an 1100 virago that I rode for 840km, about 8hrs.The only way I can describe those bars were Bullhorn. Maybe also known as Buckhorn.
Thanks
If you mean beach bars, yes I have installed the BMW accessory beach bars on my bike. They are somewhat difficult to install because of the extended wiring harnesses and brake & clutch lines.
If you have mid level skills you can do it yourself with the help of installation instructions BMW provides.
They will take care of the wrist position issue. I had beach bars on my Yamaha Roadliner that I road for 11 years and loved them. I like them just as well on the R18.

IMG_4063.jpegIMG_4060.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks
I am interested as well but mostly for a better rider triangle set up.
I have done hours of research and can find lots of beautiful bars but none that are notched and drilled appropriately.
Good luck. Let me know if you find some.

I have done hours of research and can find lots of beautiful bars but none that are notched and drilled appropriately.
The pipes are a set of GP shorties along with a chrome heat shield. I’ve posted the parts in a post elsewhere here.

I machined the slots in the BMW bars to route the wires internally.

If you mean beach bars, yes I have installed the BMW accessory beach bars on my bike. They are somewhat difficult to stall because of the extended wiring harnesses and brake & clutch lines.
If you have mid level skills you can do it yourself with the help of installation instructions BMW provides.
They will take care of the wrist position issue. I had beach bars on my Yamaha Roadliner that I road for 11 years and loved them. I like them just as well on the R18.

View attachment 14983View attachment 14985
Thanks for the reply Dave. Yes they do look great but that is not the bars I am referring to. I have ridden an R18 with beach bars and although they are better for wrist positioning the Bullhorn or Buckhorn bars would suit me better. Interestingly, I too had a 1900 Roadliner, did some very long distance rides. The bars I need have a more downward tilt than beach bars. https://barcrafthandlebars.com.au/cdn/shop/products/Black-1_25-Buckhorn-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1599180274
Hope this link works

https://barcrafthandlebars.com.au/cdn/shop/products/Black-1_25-Buckhorn-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1599180274
Hope this link works. They have slots for internal wiring but will have to make more inquiries to make sure they suit. May have to change risers as well.

Thanks for the reply Dave. Yes they do look great but that is not the bars I am referring to. I have ridden an R18 with beach bars and although they are better for wrist positioning the Bullhorn or Buckhorn bars would suit me better. Interestingly, I too had a 1900 Roadliner, did some very long distance rides. The bars I need have a more downward tilt than beach bars. https://barcrafthandlebars.com.au/cdn/shop/products/Black-1_25-Buckhorn-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1599180274
Hope this link works
You can rotate the beach bars in the risers.
I have mine set do the mirrors clear the tank in full lock position.

Back