Brake line vs Clutch line

R18 100

Site Supporter
Would anyone be able to identify which cable is the clutch line and which is the brake line from the colors over the banjo bolts?
These are for the BMW King ape handle bars. The part numbers on each piece are not identified on the MAXBMW parts fiche.
The banjo bolts are all different so I suppose I need to figure out top from bottom also.
hydraulic lines R18.jpg

A somewhat quirky answer...... the end of each will have a banjo that bends a bit away from the joining block and towards the relevant
Grip.... photo below shows a correct brake line installed.... but also a clutch line with a banjo that is bending up .... not towards the clutch cylinder.... it has the wrong banjo fitted.... they sent me 2 brake lines....
20231026_092445.jpg

Last edited:
A somewhat quirky answer...... the end of each will have a banjo that bends a bit away from the joining block and towards the relevant
Grip.... photo below shows a correct brake line installed.... but also a clutch line with a banjo that is bending up .... not towards the clutch cylinder.... it has the wrong banjo fitted.... they sent me 2 brake lines....
View attachment 14735
Looking at the brake side, it appears to have two distinct bends while the left side almost looks straight.
I went to the VenHill site to see about ordering some lines but I first need to school myself on how to describe those bends. Right, left, up, away......tricky language to specify.

Looking at the brake side, it appears to have two distinct bends while the left side almost looks straight.
I went to the VenHill site to see about ordering some lines but I first need to school myself on how to describe those bends. Right, left, up, away......tricky language to specify.
There was a bit of back and forwards before they said "oops"..... wrong banjo on the clutch line... and sent me a new one. They listed both but just had a manufacturing oopsy.

Back