BMW MOA membership benefits?

I've been on numerous rides lately as a guest with the local H.O.G. chapter and have thoroughly enjoyed the social experience. I would have thought I'd take some flack for the only non-HD on the rides, but folks have been nothing but positive and complimentary about my TC.

I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on a BMW MOA membership because all of the media I can dig up looks tilted more to the adventure crowd first and crotch rockets second. I fear the idea of a bike like the R18 isn't really appreciated by the wider BMW ridership and club rides would be more focused on "performance" riding than a casual social experience. I am not a fan of riding at 10/10ths in my old age.

Does anyone have experience with the MOA as an R18 rider? Are we the "red headed step children" I fear we might be?

I am a life member of the HOG and MOA and yes it is centered on touring/adventure riding. However, it is rooted in all things BMW motorcycles. The { when and where section } list all types of local club rallies and events. It also has many articles on gear/safety/maintenance/personal experiences. The Harley culture is different than the BMW culture. I would advise you to give it a try, without knowing which bike you ride or the style of riding you do I can’t assess the valve you with have with the membership. I certainly feel the cost of a one year membership is worth finding out.

Back