Bmw CE04 dark side…

motoring

Doing a demo ride on a ‘demo’ 2022 left over model a dealer has, top end trim model. Not cheap at all though they are clearing it out for only $12 vs retail of maybe $15. I know it is like 60 miles range more/less (at least 60 if not on highway maybe). Not the 0.9% finance rate I got on the R18 though 1.9% is not too bad now days I feel. Like the idea of the electric scooter, just hoping it won’t be too hard on my lower back vs the ‘comfort’ my 2021 R18FE rear shock ‘provides’ If that is such a thing vs standard R18 Bagger or TC rear shock travel.

Thinking those small CE wheels don’t add a lot of smoothness over bumps. It would just be for around town riding and to feel what is it like to live with an electric two wheeler. Had a chance to get a $8k CSC electric bike from CA, model RX1E, with a one year warranty that would probably go as far as the CE though figure the warranty period on the BMW adds value to the CE. Don’t know, maybe the china electric motorcycles will make a CE look bad when comparing cost/value for $ spent.

Had a 650 Burgman back in the day and that was fun though don’t recall the rear shock being that comfortable. Hum, maybe the CE will be less so.

Will know Saturday after demo ride :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vyk
Let me know what you think. I went to ride one when the “Demo Day” truck came to town…but no CE-04s. I ride a bicycle or a motorcycle, not sure if the CE-04 would fit in between. Thanks!

Back