Being acknowledged by other m/cycles

Rufus

Site Supporter
Just an early observation, a positive one (if this even matters to you). I have noticed when I pass other m/cycles I get acknowledged by them, a nod of the head or maybe a raised hand. It’s nice. I mention it because when I had a Goldwing this time last summer it was like I had an invisibility cloak on, seriously. That’s the only bike I have ever owned where I was blanked. It threw me at first and then after a while I gave up on the whole thing.

Riding with my buddies who all ride HD this past weekend, we walk out from a restaurant and see two people hovering over my bike; a former NYPD Highway Division UMOS and HD owner was admiring my R 18 amongst a HD line-up... He and his wife gave it very high compliments...

Attachments

• IMG_20220817_160935.jpg
    IMG_20220817_160935.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20220813_090459180_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220813_090459180_HDR.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 18
New Hampshire is completely dominated by cruisers. easily 80% of the motorcycles that pass by my house (I live on a curvy road along a lake) are cruisers. These folks ignored me for years on my dirt bike and touring bikes. Now they stop and do a u-turn to look at my R18 that's permanently parked on the street. and I get waived at. It's weird.

I have often wondered what the riding community thinks of the GoldWing? To the chrome head brother who got blanked by others when on the Wing, I'm thinking it could be jealousy.
For over 3 decades the GoldWing was the pinnacle of touring bikes. Not any more though. I owned a new 2018 GoldWing and it had the smoothest drive train ever, but the ergonomics were bad, the plastic was flimsy at 1/16 inch and I just didn't like it. Sold it within a year.

Back