Battery pigtail

For many years, every bike I've owned came with a pigtail hanging out somewhere. Can't find one on the R18.

Maybe the dealership didn't install a charger pigtail on your bike; my R18 B came with one, despite the two DIN factory OEM sockets on my bike.

Look at the battery jump terminals, see if there is an aftermarket wiring terminal leading from it; maybe the dealership did wire in a pigtail and tucked it up and hidden behind one of the side panels ?

I've been meaning to remove my aftermarket pigtail and put a piece of black color heat shrink tubing over the bright red terminal on my bike; the red color terminal is way too visible when admiring the bike....

For many years, every bike I've owned came with a pigtail hanging out somewhere. Can't find one on the R18.
Just install one. Dont use the cigrette plug. Direct link. Never a Canbus issue, ever, regardless of charging unit, heat clothing or what ever.

Just install one. Dont use the cigrette plug. Direct link. Never a Canbus issue, ever, regardless of charging unit, heat clothing or what ever.
Gr8adv, When you say don't use the cigarette plug, the adapter Enzo is showing has only a cigarette plug? So now what?

Gr8adv, When you say don't use the cigarette plug, the adapter Enzo is showing has only a cigarette plug? So now what?
Yeah, don’t use that one. Get one that just has the loops for the battery terminals like this - https://a.co/d/cXwtC4S

I’ve read that the plug ports can be finicky and limit voltage to certain uses (heated gear for example). I don’t know if the R18 ones are temperamental, but since the dealer installed the pigtail, no reason not to use it. I plug my tender and my heated gear via pigtail. I’ll use the port to power a gopro.

Alas, while rummaging through my bike stuff in the garage, I came upon a rolled up and never used pig tail. Viola!

One of the headaches of learning a new bike is I don't even know where the battery is. For years I grimaced when I had to access the battery on my R1200C. THE BATTERY WAS UNDER THE TANK. Had to remove the tank, disconnect stuff, gas drips, nightmare.

Alas, while rummaging through my bike stuff in the garage, I came upon a rolled up and never used pig tail. Viola!

One of the headaches of learning a new bike is I don't even know where the battery is. For years I grimaced when I had to access the battery on my R1200C. THE BATTERY WAS UNDER THE TANK. Had to remove the tank, disconnect stuff, gas drips, nightmare.
This one is packed under the seat. I haven’t touched mine, but I hear it’s in there tight! Looks like some guys attach the negative terminal but use the jump terminal on the opposite side for the positive lead. There’s probably some better tips on this board from others who’ve actually attached it themselves.

Back